GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: What would you do if we ran out of gas tomorrow?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drive until empty. park it, and buy an electric car.

5 2.82%
  • Siphon my neighbor's gas

27 15.25%
  • Sit outside with a shotgun so my neighbor doesn't siphon my gas

38 21.47%
  • Convert my vehicle to alternative fuel (LPG, methanol...)

71 40.11%
  • Find some sucker, and sell him my obsolete vehicle

4 2.26%
  • Nothing. Wait for a replacement fuel to hit the market.

32 18.08%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by GWAGON_99 View Post
    So here's a follow-up question. Would you rather Drill in Alaska...or run out of oil?
    We should already be drilling in ANWR! Should have started YEARS ago. The 1st people who will complain if gas runs out and we aren't drilling up there will be the tree huggers, yuppies, and left wing whackos that are the ones stopping us from doing it now.

We should also stop letting foreign countries like China come in and buy up our domestic oil wells and take the crude out of here. Time to circle the wagons.

Quote Originally Posted by mowerboy1000 View Post
    I don't know what I would do if we ran out of gas, since I have to have gas to run my mowers and everything, I guess I would have to buy electric equipment and lots of extension cords for those big yards
    How will you get your equipment there without gas to drive the truck there( sounds like you are a landscaper )and how will you power that electric equipment if you do get it there? If gas is gone that means the crude is and that is going to mean major problems with electricity.

Talking

If i get a neighbor siphoning my gas then i suppose i'll just chuck a match at him while he has a mouth full of petrol......burn baby burn...

Quote Originally Posted by maxumpower View Post
    Well since i'm lazy as hell and work about a 1/8 of a mile from my house i suppose i wouldn't have to do anything but walk to the store for grocerys..........and that's only 1/2 mile from my abode.
    How are they going to get groceries to that store for you to buy?

Your right!!! I guess i'll go with the shot gun thing and "borrow" groceries from my neighbors while they are "borrowing" gas

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by maxumpower View Post
    If i get a neighbor siphoning my gas then i suppose i'll just chuck a match at him while he has a mouth full of petrol......burn baby burn...
    I must be in an evil mood today, because that gave me a chuckle
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Jr. Mechanic

Default Out Of Gasoline

Well, You Could Convert To Something Else But As We Know In The Northeast, Natural Gas And Lp Gas Costs Has Gone Up As Fast As Gasoline And Is Limited In Supply Also. Electric Cars Unless Solar Powered Completely Also Needs Oil And Gas Used To Produce The Power To Recharge Them. Coal Fired Generators Are Used But Damaging To Air And Water Both Of Which We Need And Like Oil, There Is Not An Infinite Supply Either. The Oil Industry And Automotive Industries Has Done Everything It Could To Keep Alternative Energy On The Back Burner And We Will Pay For It In The Very Near Future While They Are Laughing All The Way To The Bank. The Automotive And Oil Industries Managed To Get Rid Of The Very Efficient Electric Train And Trolly Systems Cities Had For The Inefficient, Noisy, Dirty Buses They Pushed On Us And Now It's Come Back To Bite Us. We Can't Look To An Inept Government For Help. We Will Somehow Have To Dig Our Own Way Out. Not Sure How It Will Work Out But We The Average Joe Will Be The Ones To Pay For It..........

Smile

After hurricane Katrina sent prices on gas in my area to $3.29 a gallon I bought an old diesel Mercedes and converted it to run on used cooking oil. I am about to turn 18,000 miles on that car since buying it. I do have to start and shut down on Diesel fuel so I am not totally free from OPEC. I liked how this worked so well that I bought a 99' diesel Suburban about 6 months ago and have racked up about 6K veggie miles so far on it. This is not something the average person is going to do, there is alot of time involved in collecting filtering and dewatering to get the "fuel" safe to use in a vehicle.

Up yours OPEC,

Mike

Alrighty...mike...i'll fry some shrimp tonight to add to your cause!
    It sounds like a great idea.........up yours OPEC!!!!!
    I'm going to start riding my bike today and show my wife that i get better gas mileage than her Toyota Pruis!

(2002 Chevrolet 3500)
    (1991 Chevrolet K5 Blazer)
    (2000 Maxum Boat Powered By A 5.0 Chevy Vortec )

(previous vehicles)
    1997 Chevrolet 3500
    2003 Trailblazer
    2002 Chevy Tahoe
    1993 GMC Jimmy
    1987 Chevy Astro
    1986 GMC Safari
    1997 GMC Sonoma
    1994 Maxum Boat Powered By A Chevy Vortec

!!!Seems to be a pattern!!!

If your going to jump then be sure to bring a parachute in case you change your mind on the way

DOWN!

Default If the gas ran out!

Well living in the beautiful northwest, and living amoung the worlds largest population of greenies, I would probably convert to an alternative fuel and still drive my gas hog down the road while all the greenies were on their bikes or solar powered moped's.

If the price really got to the extreme of $10.00 a gallon I would definatly be riding my bike a little more.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by