GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Best ALL Terrain for your $$$

I've got some new wheels on the way and I got a new job that's gonna make me do a lot more driving on the road. I want to switch from a MT to an AT tire, but need one that looks good and wears well. Any suggestions?

I was considering the Terra Grappler and the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, but saw some bad reviews about the treadwear on the Terra Grapplers. Any thoughts on these tires or any other suggestions?

Thank you

Check out the Good Year Duratrac's. I have them and love them.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Cooper Zeon LTZ's. I have em and love em.

If youre looking for mileage I know a lot of people that have gone near 100k on a set of bfg's. Other than that I have had good luck with yokohama, but everything is up for opinion. only heard good things for the terra grapplers as well.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

what kinda tires you runnin now? and how big are teh rims...cuz if tehy are around 33s and fit 18s...ill take em

but IMO...ive always run bfg all terrains on my trucks...all my buddies have if they have all terrains

one of my buddies has a 2000 silverado z71 with terra grapplers...and he HATES them

he nicknamed teh terra crapplers

first hand experiance...ive always loved bfg a/ts...and not the crapplers

I've had terra grapplers, and they wear extremely fast. I've run BFG AT's on everything from a Jeep to a F250 super duty, and have had excellent results, both with on and off road traction, wear, and ride. Keep them balanced and rotated and your truck aligned, and they'll last a loooong time.

I will probably be putting these on my silverado once I decide whether or not to do a leveling kit. I've also been looking at the goodyears though... They look nice.

I just got a new AWD 2010 GMC Savana. I was looking at Toyo Open Country At's, Goodyear Silent Armours, Bridgestone Revo 2's, Nitto Grapplers, Cooper Zeon's and BFG A/T KO's.
    I have had the BFG's on a Jeep Grandf Cherokee up at Tahoe and loved them in the snow and off road, Highway driving was excellent and they lasted forever. For my new Savana I was looking at a lot of tires. I decided to take the safe bet and go with what I know works and is tried, tested and proven the BFG AT's. I am sooooooooooooo happy I did. The BFG AT's are a 10ply Light Truck tire and run GREAT! I have had them up to 80 on the highway and they run smooth. They run just as smooth as the General passenger tires.
    LOVE the BFG A/T KO's.

Just get the BFG A/T's and Enjoy!

Sr. Apprentice

thank you all for the help. and im sorry my tires were on stock 17s haha. if they'd fit 18s id be happy to get them to you

I have the Goodyear duratracs an I love them. I've read that ppl r getting between 30-40k out of these tires.
    1998 silverado 1500 4x4 - 5.7L vortec
    Bed rails, step bars, bedliner, 18% tint, flowmaster 44 muffler, 16x8 M/T Classic II wheels, 265/75-16 goodyear wrangler duratracs

I would go with the BFG All Terrain. Also, the new Goodyear Duratracs are apparently great too. I havnt heard one bad thing about em yet.
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by