GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry 2002 z71 fuel problem

My daughter's burb. ran out of gas the other night had it towed to the house after putting gas in the tank it wouldn't start. Check the fuel pressure and the was none. Figured it was the pump. Was cranking over just wouldn't start. I replaced the pump and got it all put back together, still won't start. Dropped the tank again and found out was not getting any fire to the pump. Checked the relay under the hood swapped it out with another it's not that either. Am stuck and need help. Got a 97 burb and have relpaced the pump in it I didn't have these problems was a simple fix.

There are safety features built into the fuel pump circuit. Check to see if the oil sender switch/connector is ok. Also if the return side of the fuel line is restricted the pump will not operate. The pressure regulator could be faulty. You did not mention that you tested the fuel pressure with a gauge. Check those items and let us know what you find.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I checked for pressure and there was none. Thought my gauge might be broke so I depressed the needle valve to see and there was nothing. After I did this I dropped the tank again and found there was no fire (voltage) getting to the pump.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I believe there is a fuel pump fuse as well... On the fuse panel inside the truck mine is a 10amp.. That low on fuel might have overheated the pump causing it to pop the fuse??
    just a thought.. sorry if i send you on a wild goose chase. Since mine is 11 years older there are abviously changes..
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

There are no fuses except for the relay under the hood. That's what I have found out, I might be wrong. Did check the fuse block on the drivers side and there was no fuse labeled fuel pump.

Default I think murdog94 is right?

patrickemb,

I think murdog94 is right? According to the Fuse diagrams for '02, there is a fuse for the fuel pump relay. It's the 20 AMP (# 30) fuse just to the left of the Fuel pump relay in the underhood fusebox. I've attached screenshots of the fuse box, description and wiring.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FuseIndex.jpg   FuseBox.jpg   FuelPumpWiring.jpg  
    05 Suburban LT
    02 Suburban LT
    94 Jeep Cherokee