GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: HID Kit install

Default HID Kit install

Hello,
    I recently purchased a set of dmmtuning.com's 35W and 55W HID kits for my Silverado. I have custom headlights that use the h1 bulb and not the stock bulb. On the diagram it shows all the parts I have and how to plug it in, real easy, but it also shows a wire that plugs onto the battery and I donít have that wire.
    My question is:
    Do I Need it?

Thanks for any information you guys got!
    ИorτнRoαdΛĸ907
    2004 Silverado 1500 - 5.3L V8 Z71 EXT. CAB (DD)
    Sadly Shes Mostly Still Stock...
    Custom Painted Spyder Halo Headlights w/ LED 194 Replacements
    CP EBAY Bumper Lights w/ LED 194 Replacements
    CP LED Tail lights - LED 3RD Break Light
    De"badged" Tail Gate

It's an optional "relay kit", your 55w should have it i believe. As it requires more juice then the stock harness puts out. My lights didn't come included with the relay kits, yours might not of either.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Bawls...
    Well thanks for the info, im guessing i can purchase a set of relay wires from the same guys...
    should just set the damn thing on fire and be done with it... ride a bicycle around instead lol

Haha, nah, mine were a pain in the ass to get working right, i had to put plug the harness in backwards to get mine to work, the relay kit was optional in my case, and they should be optional in yours too. Could you get a picture of you kit? I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    Haha, nah, mine were a pain in the ass to get working right, i had to put plug the harness in backwards to get mine to work, the relay kit was optional in my case, and they should be optional in yours too. Could you get a picture of you kit? I can help.
    You only would need to plug the harness into the ballast backwards if the polarity is reversed which is possible. The HID kits i got from http://www.unlimitedhid.com has a ballast that is made so the harness can be plugged in either way. It's a simple plug and play set up. I don't use a relay and don't feel it's necessary.

03 GMC Sierra SLT
    Whipple Supercharger
    8" Fabtech Lift
    Kenwood/JL Audio System
    UnlimitedHID.com Kits

Default ehahah

Well,
    Ill post some pictures of my sets and the harness in my truck and if it works... booyah! If not ill figure something out. Thanks again for the info, pictures soon.