GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default computer adjustment for new motor

well ive been looking at alot of used motors on craigslist for really cheap but dont know if they will work in my truck, for example i have been seeing alot of 350's (mine is a 94 with the 5.7 tbi that is blown) what i want to know is if i buy one of these how do i make it run with my computer?????? is there somewhere i can send my comp in to be redone for the engine or what????? what do i do cus i would love to buy one of these 500$ motors and drop it in but i want it to work. thanks yall

Provided you get a motor that's the same OBD version as yours, you should be fine. I think 94 is still OBD-I, which only has a couple sensors on the head. If it's OBD-II, it'll have a bunch more sensors and the sensors will be on the heads and the block.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Anywhere between 87-95 should work fine for you, just save your original intake and throttle body to be on the safe side.