GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1999 chevy bumper

HowDy from texasi this is my first post for my chevy truck 1999 silverado i recently hydro planed turning right at a stop sign then right up a over pass going up maybe 20 degrees I was going 30 mph and put a dent in my front right bumper now to my question are there any other models that will fit my siverado trying to save money

Legend
    Blog Entries

1999-2002 Silverado, 2000-2006 Tahoe, Suburban. Your local junk yard should have a few of them. But you might have to dig a bit..
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

If you can't find on in the junk yard like murdog said, look at LMC truck parts. They are reasonably priced!!

LMC Truck Parts - Pages 10 and 11
    Paul

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1pab1 View Post
    If you can't find on in the junk yard like murdog said, look at LMC truck parts. They are reasonably priced!!

LMC Truck Parts - Pages 10 and 11
    X2.. I keep forgetting about new vendors since most of the things that i want tend to have to come from a junkyard since they are no longer made.

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    X2.. I keep forgetting about new vendors since most of the things that i want tend to have to come from a junkyard since they are no longer made.
    I know what you mean. I had to creat a folder to keep webpages in so I wouldn't forget where I saw things I need. Some of the junk yards push their prices up to the point that for a few dollars more you can almost get a new replacement part if you can find vendors. Especially chevy's, it seems you can find most parts for them, just have to search the web, wife still can't understand why I am on the computer all the time.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1pab1 View Post
    I know what you mean. I had to creat a folder to keep webpages in so I wouldn't forget where I saw things I need. Some of the junk yards push their prices up to the point that for a few dollars more you can almost get a new replacement part if you can find vendors. Especially chevy's, it seems you can find most parts for them, just have to search the web, wife still can't understand why I am on the computer all the time.
    Mine either.... And actually in MN junkyards are required to stay under 50% of a new replacement part. So it is a good thing. but looking for seats on the web isnt always a good thing since simply having it shipped can cost $100 or more.. And if i play my cards right I will be able to find the right color (currently i have the seats that i want just not the rigth color) for $100.. And i found covers to replace the wrong ones online and it was nearly $300 just for the fabric cover.. Sooo...
    I just hope he can find a bumper cuz i know how irritating having a dent in the bumper can be.. If you were to look close at my truck in the pics mine is bent pretty good on the pass side.