GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

hey guys forum noob here I was wondering what shocks everyone was running on their k1500's. My wifes suburban is strait stock.

well im running monroe reflex shocks and love them

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

3. Likes cmcolfax liked this post
    Sr. Mechanic

The Bilsteins 5100s will ride stiffer than stock. Personally, I will not put them on my truck as I don't want it to ride anymore truck like than it already does. But that's MHO.

My truck came with Ranchos and to be honest it rides much, much smoother than I thought it would.

Master Mechanic

I put the Bilstein 5100's on my 2003 Silverado and I love them. I had the Monroe reflex shocks on and huge improvement. Limited body roll and the truck is more smoother on the highways. I would recommend them to anyone!
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

7. Likes cmcolfax liked this post

A buddy of mine would be all over you as he insists that shock absorber is the improper term and we should all call them a "damper". I tell him, this is the US, not England.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    I put the Bilstein 5100's on my 2003 Silverado and I love them. I had the Monroe reflex shocks on and huge improvement. Limited body roll and the truck is more smoother on the highways. I would recommend them to anyone!
    You remember how much they were? If I remember correctly, they are about $100 apiece from Autozone but can be found online for around $75 if you look around. It would be awesome if there were a place they were even cheaper. I ask because within the next year I plan on raising my rear 1", leveling out the front, and getting 33" AT's and will probably replace my factory Z71 shocks with the 5100's. I need all the savings I can get.
    WAR EAGLE!!!

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by wmkess View Post
    You remember how much they were? If I remember correctly, they are about $100 apiece from Autozone but can be found online for around $75 if you look around. It would be awesome if there were a place they were even cheaper. I ask because within the next year I plan on raising my rear 1", leveling out the front, and getting 33" AT's and will probably replace my factory Z71 shocks with the 5100's. I need all the savings I can get.
    It was 171.90 for front or rear pairs. Also now I think they have free shipping so that's a help. I paid 356.75 total

sounds about right. I think I paid around 87 each when I put them on.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Shot in the dark question...I'm going to replace shocks in the near future on our '96 suburban (k1500). Stock suspension, no lift or anything. I'm comparing KYB #565062 and Bilstein #24-104050. Anyone have experience with either of these? I know Bilsteins are good, but are they really 50% better than the KYBs as reflected by the price difference? I've used KYBs in other applications and have been happy with them. Thanks.