GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Dash bezels....

Default Dash bezels....

Ok, So i have painted other bezels of past trucks with Krylon Fusion flat paints and sprayed a clear of them and good results.

I painted the left side bezel, instrument cluster bezel, and the bezel that goes around the radio and A/C controls, however, I used the Fusion Black Gloss and It has fustrated the hell out of me.

The left bezel I put too many coats on and the paint on top is dry and the underneath seemed dry to until I put it in the truck....one day of 90 degree temps and the paint underneath is like jello.. I can push on it with my finger and indents then flattens out again....its been in the truck for 2 days plus 7 day dry time off the truck!

The other 2 bezels dont do that but if I tap it with my nail it leaves an impression in the paint! WTF! Both of thos had 7 dry time before I installed them also!!

I was going to buy the bezels new and start fresh, however for all three its $290.00! Sooo...I will be sanding them down again!

My question is has anyone seen this with the gloss and should I go back to the flat with a clear.

Or does anyone know of any company that sells custom bezels - not the overlay stuff but the actual bezel?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Sounds like you applied the paint way to heavy. You only need a few thin layers of paint to give you color then your clear. Make sure you use the clear. It will be a whole lot easier to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstgixxer600 View Post
    Sounds like you applied the paint way to heavy. You only need a few thin layers of paint to give you color then your clear. Make sure you use the clear. It will be a whole lot easier to clean.
    I think your right. Its going to be a weekend of sanding!