GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default fuzzy noise coming from left front speaker

I have a 2007 1500 crew cab classic. I've notice the front left speaker has a fuzzy noise associated with bass. I have the stock stereo system. it almost sounds like something rattling from a distance but when you get really close to the speaker you can tell it's not something rattling but coming from the speaker itself. I've visualy inspected the speaker behind the panel and can't find anything wrong. Anyone know what would be causing this and how to fix it?
    2007 1500 Classic Crew Cab LT1 4x4
    -5.3l with flex fuel and active fuel management
    -z71 package
    -z82 HD towing package
    -locking rear diff
    -3.73 ratio
    -8-ply toyo's

bump. it's been 6 hours since I originally posted.

Legend

Blog Entries

Right off the bat is sounds as if you need a replacement speaker.

Sometimes when the speaker is doing the fuzzy and you put your finger on it it will muffle it/make the sounds go away.

For the (minimal) cost and ease of replacing, I'd go ahead and do that, get yourself a step up in speaker quality.

To make things really easy on your have a visit to Crutchfield. Put in your vehicle information on the linked page and it will spit back all the correct items you'd need. Just have a look at the front speakers and buy a pair. You can also call them if you'd rather talk to someone. They have always been very helpful to me (and I've never really heard negative experiences with them) and they send you a buttload of information to help you change things yourself.

With all that said... you can also check to make sure your speaker doesn't have anything behind it that's come in contact with the cones or any part of the speaker. Insulation, papers, cigarette butts...whatever. Pop it out (it should be as simple as undoing a couple screws), make sure it's all clear, and when you reinstall it make sure it's nice and secure and not loose at all.

Good luck, hope this helps,
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Springthing View Post
    Right off the bat is sounds as if you need a replacement speaker.

Sometimes when the speaker is doing the fuzzy and you put your finger on it it will muffle it/make the sounds go away.

For the (minimal) cost and ease of replacing, I'd go ahead and do that, get yourself a step up in speaker quality.

To make things really easy on your have a visit to Crutchfield. Put in your vehicle information on the linked page and it will spit back all the correct items you'd need. Just have a look at the front speakers and buy a pair. You can also call them if you'd rather talk to someone. They have always been very helpful to me (and I've never really heard negative experiences with them) and they send you a buttload of information to help you change things yourself.

With all that said... you can also check to make sure your speaker doesn't have anything behind it that's come in contact with the cones or any part of the speaker. Insulation, papers, cigarette butts...whatever. Pop it out (it should be as simple as undoing a couple screws), make sure it's all clear, and when you reinstall it make sure it's nice and secure and not loose at all.

Good luck, hope this helps,
    X2, those factory speakers are actually pretty easy to blow out.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

got it. Thank you guys so much!!