GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Magnaflow direct fit cat assembly

My cats and assembly are shot and I figured I just go with a whole new system as opposed to salvage, I was wondering if anyone else went this route and what they think of the system. From my buddy the cost altogether with the pipe/cat ,new doughnuts,a gasket installed and taxes included is $560.00. Shopping online and at local magnaflow distributors the price for the assembly alone averaged $450 with shipping so I'm happy with the price for sure so I wanted some feedback from anyone else running this.

1997 GMC Sierra SLT
    Debadged/demolded, Billet Grille, JBA s/s shorty headers, Magnaflow true duals, Magnaflow cats, K & N FIPK, Stainless nerf bars, Drop Center bumper, RCX 4" lift, XD Hoss Black, 33" DC Mud Country, Bushwacker flares, Black Bear tuned

Default MagnaFlow FF cats

I have them and it is a great system. Ther are no bricks. I put new O2 Sensors in and it passed smog just fine. I also have a BBK 80mm TB, Headers, Flomaster 40, 3" pipe, TB spacer, TB bypass, MSD coils, GMS maf.
    2000 5.3L Z/71 w/200k on it. I kick the hell outta the Rams Hemis and a few Ford V10s. My truck sounds like my 03 SS/Z28 and with 285s chirps second.
    BTW, I have a Hypertec for sale. As new. I just got a Pred for Bday. I'm looking for $150 for it. If interested, lmk at makoltd@ca.rr.com. It is in perf cond and take Paypal. I hope a cutom tune from SSMonte gives me the same power as the Hypertec. FYI; Second gear runs up to 85mph with no flutter, just balls.
    GL
    Greek

Cool magnaflow direct fit cat assembly

I have JBA shorties, Magnaflow dual cats and Magnaflow cat-back. I first installed the cat-back and drove for a few months, so a little performance. Than installed the JBA shorties and again a little more performance. Than I added the dual cats and than really made a differance. I dont know about your yeat truck but on my 05 the Magnaflow dual cat set up is 1/4" larger in diameter than the stock pipe and cats. I think there worth it.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I might have to look into the Vortec dual cat setup for my rig since 210K on the factory cat might be time for an upgrade and install the headers at the same time.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Well I finally got mine installed last night and I'm totally satisfied with it. Feels like a new truck now that it's breathing properly. The exhaust note changed a bit too, kind of louder and meaner just the way I like it lol

1997 GMC Sierra SLT
    Debadged/demolded, Billet Grille, JBA s/s shorty headers, Magnaflow true duals, Magnaflow cats, K & N FIPK, Stainless nerf bars, Drop Center bumper, RCX 4" lift, XD Hoss Black, 33" DC Mud Country, Bushwacker flares, Black Bear tuned

My wifes Yukon is about to get new cats and I was looking at the magnaflow ones if I may ask where did youy get yours?
    I have seen them online via Partstrain and Ebay but wasnt sure how they might ship that whole assembly.
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

I got mine through my cousin's parts shop here locally and he did the install as well. It comes in two pieces in a big box. When I shopped around online some places wanted $350 +$80 shipping. However I did find one place. magnaflowstop that had free shipping.

1997 GMC Sierra SLT

Quote Originally Posted by Okimaw View Post
    I got mine through my cousin's parts shop here locally and he did the install as well. It comes in two pieces in a big box. When I shopped around online some places wanted $350 +$80 shipping. However I did find one place. magnaflowstop that had free shipping.
    Cool beans, thanks for the input!
    My trucks!

1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    1997 GMC Yukon SLT

You're welcome, happy shopping!

1997 GMC Sierra SLT

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

You know what gives you more power and sound than high-flow cats, No Cats! If your state requires smog testing then leave them in of course but if theyt dont then rip them out.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast