GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 9" lift with 35s or 36s?

i have a 2000 1500 silverado and i was thinking about going with a 6" lift with my 3" body lift already on it. with 35s or 36s and 4.56 gears. i wanna go as big as a 1/2 ton would allow

how do you guys think this setup would look? knowing i have a 1500 4x4 would make it a couple inches shorter then a 2500.

you think a 9" lift would make the tires look a bit too small? ive gotten a couple inputs from members on this site but would like some more opinons. pictures would be great.

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

A six inch suspension lift with your 3 inch body lift would look awesome. Id stick with 35 inch tires and 4.56 gearing will allow you to pull those tires easily. I wouldnt go over 6 inches in the suspension lift because anymore is just impractical for a daily driver. You'll have one sweet truck then.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado Junkie View Post
    A six inch suspension lift with your 3 inch body lift would look awesome. Id stick with 35 inch tires and 4.56 gearing will allow you to pull those tires easily. I wouldnt go over 6 inches in the suspension lift because anymore is just impractical for a daily driver. You'll have one sweet truck then.
    Great! im liking your opinion on this. other opinions would be good also. i just want a couple opinions of others so i could conclude on my decision

The only thing i would be worried about, is with all that tension, from the 36" tires, and the 4.56 gear ratio, on our 1/2 ton axles. That would be my only concern. Fitment, and looks, definitely i would go with the 36" tires. Is both tires width 12.5"? Because most 36" tires are 13.5 or more. That's why i'm saying the 36" tires might be a little too much. I would go 36" tires with if they're 12.5" width.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    The only thing i would be worried about, is with all that tension, from the 36" tires, and the 4.56 gear ratio, on our 1/2 ton axles. That would be my only concern. Fitment, and looks, definitely i would go with the 36" tires. Is both tires width 12.5"? Because most 36" tires are 13.5 or more. That's why i'm saying the 36" tires might be a little too much. I would go 36" tires with if they're 12.5" width.

so do you think the 35s would look a little too small for a 9" lift? for a 1500