Results 1 to 3 of 3
05-02-2010, 01:48 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
2004 suburban key wont turn in ignition
went to start my 2004 suburban and the key wont turn. The steering wheel in not locked and the truck is in park. I have never had any problem with the ignition before. I have tried all 3 keys that i have and nothing.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
05-02-2010, 09:36 AM #2
Total pain since to change the lock cylinder/key assembly you have to be able to turn the key to remove the lock cylinder!
Removal (See Autozone.com for installation instructions)
- Disable the SIR system. Refer to the Chassis Electrical Section.
- Remove the knee bolster.
- Remove the steering column trim covers from the steering column.
- Disconnect the steering column electrical connectors.
- Remove the wire harness assembly from the steering column and the wire harness strap.
- Slide the 2 connectors of the turn signal and multifunction switch assembly out of the bulkhead connector.
- Remove the key alarm connector (1) from the lock module assembly (2) in the following way:
- Rotate the key alarm connector (1) 90 degrees.
- Pull the key alarm connector (1) out of the lock module assembly (2)
- Remove the passkey connector from the lock module assembly (2).
- Remove the connector (2) from the electric park lock (1), for vehicles equipped with floor shifters.
- Remove the ignition switch from the lock module using the J 42759.
There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
High Desert SoCal
93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
02 Honda Civic LX
Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap
05-02-2010, 09:44 AM #3
By chevydrifter in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2009, 02:07 AM
By jsburb in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
By EdPDX in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
By cgcomeaux123 in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)Replies: 5Last Post: 12-01-2008, 05:05 AM
By Troubled in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Tags for this Thread