GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New audio setup for my Silverado

Hey Guys,

I went into a local car audio store yesterday and after much discussion they went and put together a system for me, but before I jump in I wanted to get some more opinions!

Here is what they put together, let me know what you think of the setup!
    (This is for my 09 Chev Silverado crew cab)

my main goal is to improve sound quality, not to have a truck that people can hear coming for 10 blocks...(although if it had the option I guess that would be okay too, but not the main goal!)

PDX-5 Alpine 5 Channel Dig Amp
    http://www.crutchfield.ca/Alpine_PDX..._p/500PDX5.htm

10W3 Stealthbox (center console between front seats, I'm not willing to give up any space)
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1586

TR525CXI Jl Coax
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?comp_id=60

TR650CSI JL 6.5 Components
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?comp_id=125

INA-W900 Alpine 7inch with nav, and blue tooth added
    http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ina-w900/

Thanks !

I think you'll be quite satisfied w/ that setup. JL and Alpine are both known for having quality stuff. Though the $600 that Crutchfield is charging for that 4 channel amp is a bit much IMO. I've heard good things about the JL stealthbox, but I've never used/ heard one in person. Otherwise it looks good
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

i went with JL audio stealth box too....when r u getting your system install?

The only thing I would change would be the amp. I would get a 4 channel amp for the door speakers and then a mono amp for the sub that will do 500 watts rms @4ohms.

Thanks for the input everyone!!

I'm not sure when the install will happen, it is going to be a few weeks to get the stealthbox up here so it might be into June before it all happens!

udon'tknowjack>> did you get the stealbox in a silverado?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I've had the Center Stealth Box in a few of my rides and never a problem.The sound was Great and the Bass was up front for a good SQ...The 10w3 will handle A full 500 watts.. I would look at the new JL HD Amp 500/5 But it is a few more bucks..I know there are dealers that sell the Alpine Cheaper then CF. As for the speakers The Tr's would be better with just head unit power. You might want to move up to the new C2's or C5's from JL..They will handle the watts..

Other then that good set up...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

looks like you should have a nice set up. try looking on ebay for better prices. alot of those ebay stores buy in bulk so you can get stuff for a much better price and usually still have the warranty also.

just something to look into for another headunit. pioneer avh-p4200dvd ... it is navi and back up camera optional. that unit with the navigation would prolly be cheaper than the alpine. i got this unit but am get to get the navigation. i love it and it is just sweet haha. here is mine ...

and here is my box under my back seat ... i have 2 10's ... it is rhino lined so i can still throw stuff on top of it when my seats are up ... no space lost.

-20% Window Tint
    -Flowmaster 40 Series Dual Exhaust
    -2.25" ReadyLIFT Leveling Kit
    -325/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    -18x9 Helo 835's
    -Pioneer AVH-p4200dvd Headunit

Quote Originally Posted by lexus1299 View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone!!

I'm not sure when the install will happen, it is going to be a few weeks to get the stealthbox up here so it might be into June before it all happens!

udon'tknowjack>> did you get the stealbox in a silverado?
    it is getting install next monday.....i opt out with a jl audio amp a2150....i have that from my last car....

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I've had the Center Stealth Box in a few of my rides and never a problem.The sound was Great and the Bass was up front for a good SQ...The 10w3 will handle A full 500 watts.. I would look at the new JL HD Amp 500/5 But it is a few more bucks..I know there are dealers that sell the Alpine Cheaper then CF. As for the speakers The Tr's would be better with just head unit power. You might want to move up to the new C2's or C5's from JL..They will handle the watts..

Other then that good set up...

Yeah I initially had the C5's, but to save a few bucks went to the TR's... but I'm reconsidering just going back to the C5s... if I'm going to spend the money I guess I should just do it right the first time!!

I'm going to have a look at the pioneer avh-p4200dvd! Thanks!

That pioneer avh-p4200dvd looks great in the truck!! I will have to check it out!

Does anyone have any recommendations for different component speakers up front? Does alpine make a good speaker that would do the trick up there for less money then the C5' s?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast