GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jr. Apprentice

Default thinking of buying this 2003

first off, hello! im new here.

it has come time for me to get a truck. i need something for some light off roading and transporting dirt bikes (my mustang just doesnt cut it anymore)

i found this 2003 GMC 1500 on craigslist the other day and sent my dad to check it out (im in san diego for college at the moment) he is a perfectionist and said the truck is perfect and i "have to buy it"

what do you guys think? anything i should watch out for on this year/model?
    the guy said he would take $12,500 for it.

ORIGINAL OWNER - 2003 GMC Sierra 1500, SLT, Ext Cab, Short Bed, 4x4, V8 5.3, 6" Suspension Lift, 85K miles, (KBB.com private party value [good condition] $13,670)

DETAILS;
    Leather interior (Gray), BOSE factory sound system, Power windows/locks, Power driver seat, Steering wheel controls, Onstar, Towing package, etc

OTHER;
    Toyo mud terrain tires (305/70/16), Helo chrome wheels (16x10), Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks (1 year old), LEER 100XQ Truck Cap with removable front window (3 years old), Line-X spray on bed liner
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gmc 1500.jpg   gmc 1500 (2).jpg  

Cool thinking of buying this 2003

Looks like a nice truck, I'd buy it. What brand suspension lift. A good lift, wheels and tires installed is between $5,000 and $6,000 alone.

Jr. Apprentice

im not sure what brand the lift is. but my dad said it looked nice.

Default price

I think the price is a little high. I bouught an 03 2500HD last summer with 51k miles and the 8.1 L gas with Allison transmission in extended cab long box. Also in pristine shape. Have seen many 1500's for around 10k or less. May be just your area they get that price for one. Good luck..

Jr. Apprentice

well its done. my dad is picking it up for my later today. my parents each pitched in $1,000 to help me out so cost to me is only $10,500 + fees and tax.

the only problem is, ill be down here in San Diego till the 20th of may. so i'll have to wait till then to see my truck.

Congrats! As was previously stated, with lift and rolling stock it's got at least $4000 in mods already on it. The only thing I would worry about is how hard the previous owner was on it.

Oh and welcome to the site!
    Adam

Jr. Apprentice

well, my dad called me earlier to tell me he was driving my truck home and the stereo system is awesome. its now sitting outside of his house.

some good news about how the previous owner took care of it. he gave my dad a folder with records of all the services the truck got. his brother owns a shop so he took it there when ever it needed service.

im beyond stoked. ill try and get my dad to send me some pictures to post on here.

is it bad that i'm already thinking about mods? (exhaust, HIDs, new head unit/sub)

Quote Originally Posted by Joman2055 View Post
    well, my dad called me earlier to tell me he was driving my truck home and the stereo system is awesome. its now sitting outside of his house.

some good news about how the previous owner took care of it. he gave my dad a folder with records of all the services the truck got. his brother owns a shop so he took it there when ever it needed service.

im beyond stoked. ill try and get my dad to send me some pictures to post on here.

is it bad that i'm already thinking about mods? (exhaust, HIDs, new head unit/sub)
    Awesome deal. I bet you'll love the truck. And no, its not bad that you're already thinking about mods.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome to the site! Congrats on the new truck! Glad to have you here!
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Quote Originally Posted by Joman2055 View Post

Nothing wrong with that, and I was planning mods out way before I even owned my truck your lucky though because you already got the lift and wheels and tires. I bought my 2005 Silverado 1500 4x4 with 25,000 miles stock. Long ways to go for mine. Nice buy and congrats. Trust me you'll love everything about the truck.
    2005 Silverado 1500 5.3L 4x4
    285/70/17 Firestone Destination MT's
    17" Pro Comp Extreme Wheels
    2" ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Blacked Out Grill and Front and Rear Bumpers (Painted By Me)
    PreRunner Light Bar (Removed) New Fabricated Bumper (coming soon)
    WeatherGuard Tool Box (Painted Also)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast