GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... Last Post byLast Post by

I noticed the same noise coming from the rear right of my 2010 Silverado Crew also.The noise seemed to decrease slightly last week when I installed a Rugged bed liner in the back.How do you access this panel ?..my seats fold up ,not downward.
    I may try a breathable medical-grade foam filter to hush the drafty sound even more.
    2000 Caddilac Escalade
    Pewter in Color
    5.7 liter Vortec V8
    Awd
    Power Everything
    Ready for mild restoration.

Over on the other board I just received an update from a member that said a bulletin was released on 7/1/2010 about this.

2007-2010
    Sierra, Silverado - Excessive wind noise from rear interior
    Check for missing sealer in the rear acoustic panel
    Do not change the tires or add any exterior cab isolator
    bulletin number #10-08-58-001

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

What exactly is the "rear acoustic panel"? This will be interesting....

2007-2010
    10-08-58-001

So where can we view this tech bulletin # 10-08-58-001 ?

Thx for the tip!

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kalashluvr View Post
    Over on the other board I just received an update from a member that said a bulletin was released on 7/1/2010 about this.

2007-2010
    bulletin number #10-08-58-001

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

What exactly is the "rear acoustic panel"? This will be interesting....
    I think that is the acoustic padding behind the rear seat back. But as mentioned with the new non-folding down seat back things get complicated.

While this maybe the solution, I'm still convinced it is the RR cab vent. As people have tried different modifications to the RR cab vent, there seems to be a consensus that it helps reduce the noise.

I hope all of you guys with the issues have contacted GM's customer service (not the dealership, but actually GM.) We did and they were quick to reply. But, unfortunately, we were instructed to take it to the dealership and they said our truck is as loud as the others on the lot. Even tho the tech did admit (and retracted later) that he thought it did have excessive noise. GM asked that I continue to drive and see if it gets any better and I quickly replied that "I do not have much choice do I???" SO I told her I am not satisfied with my GM purchase, and will keep in touch with her "after I drive it some" whatever! But bottom line is we need this documented with GM...if enough consumers complain they will eventually have to respond (which I am hoping that is this bulletin someone posted above- I too would like to know where that was posted or came from)

We came home and pulled the back seat out and pulled the carpet up. Installed some noise masking material and tried to cover the vents with still giving it air flow. Seems to help some, or at least we don't feel like our ears are bleeding after 20 min ride on the highway.

It is like the louvers are open at all times on these back seat vents. It does not feel like we have any cabin pressure as our doors SLAM so easily and you just don't feel the "poof" of air in the cabin when you normally shut a car/truck door. After I drive it for a couple more weeks, as per their request, I plan to go back with the same complaint...Only think I can think to explain to them AGAIN how it is like driving with the windows down, but without the wind blowing your hair. Closing the doors you have no feeling of cabin pressure, this really makes me think there HAS to be an issue with the vents all are discussing on this board. PLEASE CONTACT GM and let them know, it really needs to be documented. We should not have to be doing our own fixes for the amount of money we have paid for our new vehicles!!

I called the dealership today and asked them to look up the bulletin number. Man...frustrating when you tell them the problem, tell them the bulletin number, they say they'll look it up and call you back and you wait for 6 hours. THEN, you call them back and they say, "yeah, just bring it up and we'll take a look and see if we can fix it..." Then I say, "Can you look up the bulletin number like I asked on the first call?" - Dealer..."Oh, you have a number?"

At any rate, they said there were four possible solutions listed...one was something to do with insulation on the back wall, one was something in the C-pillars (insulation).....I can't remember the others. I guess I'll take mine in and let them drive it all over town and then tell me they can't hear anything but they'll see what they can do...

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgin1 View Post
    My new sierra has alot of cab noise/ Road noise. It is a crew cab 4x4 with 20" tires. I see rear cab vents. Has anyone came across this problem. And found a solution. It seems they could of used better sound barrier insulation. The noise seems to be coming from the rear.
    I had a squeak coming from my rear of my cab. I have an extended cab. Drove me nuts.... had my son ride in the back to pin point it and he said it was the rear door. What I found was the door panel had popped out a bit... guess from being slammed. I popped it back in and now I have bliss once again. My truck has always been sweet riding truck. Quiet and smooth. Not easy to see if does pop out. ... just a thought.
    Dan Westphal
    2001 Silverado Ext Cab 2wd
    Patriot Guard Rider of North Texas

I drove the 2010 Silverado Hybrid and I noticed it as well. I was actually afraid that the rear pass door was opened a crack and I wanted to stop to check it out. GM should come out with a fix for that to eliminate the noise.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Default Noticed same problem on my 2010 Silverado Crew Cab

It is ironic I came across this thread, this same noise got my attention while driving yesterday. I initially thought my right rear door was not closed all the way. I confirmed it was closed and moved on then I came across this post. I will be looking closer at my vent as well and will brain storm some of the options provided to eliminate the noise while still allowing air to flow. I will follow up with my results as soon as I have time to do it. Thanks for the post and research.
    Ohio, USA
    2010 Silverado 1500 (5.3L) 4X4 Z-71 Crew cab, Black Granite Metallic.

The problem with this is that it is so hard to try different things to fix this because the seats do not fold down. I got mine back from the dealership today after the bulletin steps were followed, and I really can't notice a difference. When I got home, I took out the small seat on the passenger side, and took a t-shirt, and stuffed it behind the insulation, but in front of the vent....I then (with the engine off but ignition switch turned so the air conditioning blower would come on) closed all of the door, A/C on, and could still feel a good stream of air coming out the vent. That cut the noise by probably 70%. Bad thing is I can hear noise coming from the other vent now, but since it's behind me, it doesn't bother me quite as much. I'm going to track down that GM Customer Satisfaction number and give them a call. HAS to be the vent...

i have the same problem.. Does it sound sort of like if you had a ladder on the roof? like wind blowing over the wholes? Im going to take my to the dealership to see what they say.