GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

not that I have put alot of miles on mine so far, but the road noise dosnt seem bad at all. its quieter then my 05 was, so im happy with it.

the salesman said that he checked and all applicable TSBs had been done. maybe it was already taken care of.

just offering my .02. sorry some of you all are having issues.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I read this thread the other day and it seemed like most complaints were from 2010 trucks. Then I seen some from 2012. Maybe I has something to do with were it was assembled. Like I said mine doesn't seem that bad.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Any further updates on the cab noise?

I just purchased a 2012 Chevy LTZ 2500HD CCSB 4x4 and I also notice the wind type noise from the right rear. In fact I pulled over to check thinking a window or the rear slider was open. Mentioned it to the dealer and of course they had never heard of such a thing......idiots.

Guess I will return with this: TSB 10-08-58-00IF. Is there a link for the actual bulletin I could print out and is this the latest fix?
    Glad I found this thread.
    Thanks.

I have it at home. I can email you tonight unless someone beats me to it...

Quote Originally Posted by rotti View Post

I just purchased a 2012 Chevy LTZ 2500HD CCSB 4x4 and I also notice the wind type noise from the right rear. In fact I pulled over to check thinking a window or the rear slider was open. Mentioned it to the dealer and of course they had never heard of such a thing......idiots.

Guess I will return with this: TSB 10-08-58-00IF. Is there a link for the actual bulletin I could print out and is this the latest fix?
    Thanks.
    Omaha, NE

2011 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab Z71 All Star Edition
    Victory Red/Ebony
    ReadyLift 2.25" Leveling Kit
    ReadyLift 2.25" Rear Block Kit
    Extang Tuff Tonno
    Line-X UTR Bedliner

Future: Cooper Discoverer AT3's when my stockers wear out....

Jesus they're still selling new trucks with this issue?

There is a problem here. Thank God I opted for the extended cab.

Ok guys just joined this site and seen all the problems with wind noise.Had the same issue.Here is my fix,the pieces of black trim on both sides of the windshield were the problem,Run a bead of black or clear silicon between the trim and the glass. Apparently the trim was fluttering in the wind and made a hell of a racket at speeds over 50 mph.my 2011 Silverado is as quite as a tomb now.Hope this helps

Default I have the PDF file TSB 10-08-58-001E Service Bulletin if anyone wants a copy

Quote Originally Posted by rotti View Post

Thanks.
    I tried to upload the 3mb PDF Service Bulletin file but I guess it was over the forum's size limit
    Mine ends with E, not F - so there might be a newer one around.
    Sorry but I no longer have the link to where I found this one. I found the link listed somewhere within this forum.

If you want me to email you the 3mb PDF file that I have, email me at rickdrozd@gmail.com
    I printed it out and took this bulletin to my dealer and they immediately went to work on my truck. They did not have a copy of it in the service area.
    Be warned, the fix my dealer did lasted only a few months, my 2010 GMC Sierra has wind noise again - whatever they did didn't last long. Sounds like the right rear window or door is ajar. There was a strong odor of silicone rubber when I got the truck back.

Thanks rickyd....email sent.

PM sent to you. What is the date on the TSB
    Last edited by feb; 09-03-2012 at 06:16 PM.

almost hit 100,000 pageviews on this thread.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast