GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 371 to 380 of 402
  1. #371
    Jr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fernandina Beach, FL
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rickyd View Post
    I tried to upload the 3mb PDF Service Bulletin file but I guess it was over the forum's size limit
    Mine ends with E, not F - so there might be a newer one around.
    Sorry but I no longer have the link to where I found this one. I found the link listed somewhere within this forum.

    If you want me to email you the 3mb PDF file that I have, email me at rickdrozd@gmail.com
    I printed it out and took this bulletin to my dealer and they immediately went to work on my truck. They did not have a copy of it in the service area.
    Be warned, the fix my dealer did lasted only a few months, my 2010 GMC Sierra has wind noise again - whatever they did didn't last long. Sounds like the right rear window or door is ajar. There was a strong odor of silicone rubber when I got the truck back.


    Awesome, please sens a copy to: t75atc@gmail.com

  2. #372
    Sr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Madison, SD
    Posts
    39

    Default

    This was a blast from the past. It has been now 9 months since I traded in my 10 GMC for a Ram 1500. Every time I meet a GM on the highway I wonder how the owners are doing? I sympathize with you. I made lots of posts on here back in my GMC ownership days. Glad they are behind me. best of luck to you.

  3. #373

    Default

    I had the service bulletin done on my 2010 crew and it helped but I still have slight wind noise around the doors and some from the back. I've decided I'm done with the noise so after this weekend I'll be driving a Ford which is quite as a mouse. Been driving chevys since 1985 and the 2010 was my first new vehicle. What I cant understand is why GM wont fix this problem during the build. I wont say I'll never drive chevy again but they are gonna have to tighten up and catch up with Ford before I do. Drove my PIL's Ford to Michigan from Georgia and back and its quite, drives great, plenty of power and just as good on fuel. Never thought I'd be saying this about Ford.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by vstar650ca View Post
    Ok guys just joined this site and seen all the problems with wind noise.Had the same issue.Here is my fix,the pieces of black trim on both sides of the windshield were the problem,Run a bead of black or clear silicon between the trim and the glass. Apparently the trim was fluttering in the wind and made a hell of a racket at speeds over 50 mph.my 2011 Silverado is as quite as a tomb now.Hope this helps
    I did this and it stopped the flapping of those black strips which started about 5 months in. I still have wind noise around the doors.

  4. #374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pineyrooter View Post
    I had the service bulletin done on my 2010 crew and it helped but I still have slight wind noise around the doors and some from the back. I've decided I'm done with the noise so after this weekend I'll be driving a Ford which is quite as a mouse. Been driving chevys since 1985 and the 2010 was my first new vehicle. What I cant understand is why GM wont fix this problem during the build. I wont say I'll never drive chevy again but they are gonna have to tighten up and catch up with Ford before I do. Drove my PIL's Ford to Michigan from Georgia and back and its quite, drives great, plenty of power and just as good on fuel. Never thought I'd be saying this about Ford.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I did this and it stopped the flapping of those black strips which started about 5 months in. I still have wind noise around the doors.
    I actually just have one question, maybe it's because it's 8 am and my Monster Energy hasn't kicked in, but what does "Drove my PIL's Ford" mean? What's a PIL?

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

  5. #375

    Default

    parents in law?
    just guessing

  6. #376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I actually just have one question, maybe it's because it's 8 am and my Monster Energy hasn't kicked in, but what does "Drove my PIL's Ford" mean? What's a PIL?
    Sorry... Pa-In-Law. I guess its a Georgia Thing I'm not sure. It was a sure fix. No more road or wind noise.

  7. #377

    Default

    Hi All,

    I just bought a new 2012 Silverado Crew Cab in August and noticed too the the wind noise when driving. I know there is a lot of focus on the vents behind the seats but has anyone looked at the glass lower corner near the door locks for air passing around the glass. During a cold morning remote start I had frost on the windows and noticed the frost had melted in this location first before any other place on the glass. It looks like the warm cabin air is going around the glass and melting the frost. I have cut some foam rubber pads and slid them in the outside corner between the trim and glass to see if it would cut down on the noise. I still need to cut more foam to completely fill in behind the plastic trim in the corner. For what I have done it seamed to have helped some but I still can till hear some noise. I plan on looking at the vents behind the seats to pad them with foam or something. Hopefully the combination of the glass leak and vent may stop most of the noise. Hope this sparks some new ideas on a "cure".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1SS View Post
    Hi All,

    I just bought a new 2012 Silverado Crew Cab in August and noticed too the the wind noise when driving. I know there is a lot of focus on the vents behind the seats but has anyone looked at the glass lower corner near the door locks for air passing around the glass. During a cold morning remote start I had frost on the windows and noticed the frost had melted in this location first before any other place on the glass. It looks like the warm cabin air is going around the glass and melting the frost. I have cut some foam rubber pads and slid them in the outside corner between the trim and glass to see if it would cut down on the noise. I still need to cut more foam to completely fill in behind the plastic trim in the corner. For what I have done it seamed to have helped some but I still can till hear some noise. I plan on looking at the vents behind the seats to pad them with foam or something. Hopefully the combination of the glass leak and vent may stop most of the noise. Hope this sparks some new ideas on a "cure".
    Trying to attach a picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RRwindow frost melt1.jpg  

  8. #378

    Default Ask dealer about Bulletin No.: 10-08-58-001F, applies to certain 2012 and prior truck

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgin1 View Post
    My new sierra has alot of cab noise/ Road noise. It is a crew cab 4x4 with 20" tires. I see rear cab vents. Has anyone came across this problem. And found a solution. It seems they could of used better sound barrier insulation. The noise seems to be coming from the rear.
    Skeeter Bob: Hi all!

    Had same problem, dealer parts department gave me Bulletin # 10-08-58-001F. Turns out my truck(2012 G Plant code built after june 1, 2011) had this insulation package installed, however there is an opening in insulation at center of cab about 2 inches from bottom of insulation, approx 3 " x 10", plugged with an old towel, lots of noise went away, haven't noticed any problems with door closing or air flow when running heater or ac.

    There can also be a problem of c pillar panels not being sealed, bullettin address's that problem also, 2007-2010 year models

    Hope this helps.

  9. #379
    Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    everett, massachusetts
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    the cab vent is to create a flow of air into / out of the cab with the vent on or off. this is so CO gases do not build up and cause you to get ill from the toxic fumes.

    these vents have been on GM vehicles for decades.

    wind noise can be located around the doors / windows by using 2 inch masking tape.

    on my 2000 silverado @ 70 mph + I would get a nasty air noise. using the tape I found it was the windshield gasket on the roof pilar. I then used a 2 inch wide heavy duty electrical tape to cover the sharp edge this has been on for 13 yrs now .

    on another vehicle the door gasket did not properly seal the door at the pilar post between the front /rear doors. with this I had to make the door gasket bigger so it could seal the door properly. oem seal to thin..

  10. #380

    Default

    So after about a month of my 2010 GMC 2500HD 6.0 Gas at the Chevy dealer, They replaced door seals, and drip rail seal added the cab filter, it was still making a ton of noise. They blamed the BFG All terrain tires on it. I ask if they would change them out with some other tires. They found it was still making a lot of "road Noise" with stock hwy tires. They called GM tech and they had them replace the transmission mounts and re-center the motor and transmission/Transfer case. After that even with the BFG's on the noise is 100% better. There is still window wind noise, but it was the drive train binding up. Just my experience. Probably won't buy another GMC/Chevy truck again without a long, long test drive. Very disappointing.

Similar Threads

  1. 06 chevy silverado 5.3L making weird tappin noise
    By jobrien836 in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 10
    Last: 03-27-2012, 12:51 PM
  2. 2007 Chevy classic 35 to 45 noise
    By jroper in forum GM Powertrain
    Replies: 2
    Last: 01-09-2010, 10:46 AM
  3. 01 Silverado Rear End Noise
    By napiers04 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last: 10-04-2009, 04:41 PM
  4. newbie needs help chevy trailblazer noise
    By mainiac2 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last: 02-09-2008, 09:13 PM
  5. 06 Sierra 4 wheel drive front end noise
    By vjjack04 in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 5
    Last: 11-19-2007, 09:57 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •