GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueLB756 View Post
    Over here in Meridian, I got some Westin bars from Summit that are really sturdy, but cost a bit more. Shop wisely, buy quality, and you'll be happy in the end.

And NEVER check prices after you've purchased a part!

I like the line ya threw in at the end ahaha

I had Westins on my 04 silverado and they were EXCELLENT quality. I had the chrome and they really held up nicely to the New England weather and even the coastal salty Florida air. I'll be looking to invest in some new ones for the new rig soon hopefully.

Looks like the Westin Bars are very good. No idea about installation so if the need arises I think I'll need an installer.

Quote Originally Posted by MAsZ71 View Post
    There are "hundreds" of decent to excellent nerf/step bars to choose from. Like anything else, you get what you pay for! Most low end bars will have cheap hardware and require some extra efforts to install. Cheaper bars will have poor quality chrome finishes, bad powder coating, etc.

What style do you like? Chrome? Stainless? Black powder coated? What do you mean by serviceable? Show us some pictures of your truck. That might help us generate some ideas for you!

Do yourself a favor....do a fair amount of research (search function on this site is great) before you buy. There have been several good threads posted here talking about nerf bars and steps.

Oh yea...WELCOME to GMTruckClub!!!!
    I think you have sound knowledge on nerf/step bars. I have seen some very good Black powder coated ones and what about chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesdove3 View Post
    I think you have sound knowledge on nerf/step bars. I have seen some very good Black powder coated ones and what about chrome?
    My knowledge with nerf bars is only what I have learned from researching on this forum and other interenet sites! Plus experience with bars and steps that I have owned in the past.

Personally, I have always steered clear of chrome bars. Primarily because the process of chrome plating is an art, and if done incorrectly can lead to issues down the road. I think if you stick with one of the high-end, name brand manufacturers you'd probably be OK. I chose black because I wanted to limit the "bling" on my '07!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12