GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Hybrid View

Default Avoid MyTightRide.com!!!

Late December I ordered a set of LED Tail lights from Mytightride.com, the ones I ordered were out of stock, I'm wishing I had ditched them right there and gotten the lights elsewhere but instead I decided on a different set and had them ship them to me instead. Mid January they arrived only for me to find even with perfect packaging, one of them broken.

I email them to let them know of the situation before calling, I get a response that I need to call about it so they can talk to me about the return. I call and find out that only 1 person at the company deals with returns and the 4 or 5 times I call he is always busy with someone else. I'm left on hold for 10 minutes while they wait for him to clear up only for the same person that answered the phone originally to come back and say its going to be a while, asking me to leave my name, number and what my problem is and he will call me back. I do this all 4 or 5 times and never receive a return call (I have caller ID and answering machine so I know when someone calls)

I send off other emails about not being able to get a hold of the guy I need to and get no responses, between work and house renos I'm up to the end of February and I call again, to my surprise the guy I've been trying to contact this entire time answers the phone. I tell him my problem, he asks me to email him a picture of the damaged light, I do and it takes 2 days to get a response (which I don't mind, I realize I'm not the only customer). He tells me he has to contact his tail light supplier to get them to send me a packing label to return the lights to the supplier, and that once his supplier receives the tail lights, that he will send me a replacement set.

Well it was March 5th by the time I got the packing slip, with it being late I had to wait till the 8th to ship as the company here is closed on weekends. So I ship the lights back on the 8th of March expecting that it should take about 6 weeks for me to receive the replacements (it took 3 weeks to receive them originally, so I figure 3 weeks down, 3 weeks back). So when Mid April rolls around I decide to shoot off an email (not feeling like playing phone tag for another month and a half), within 3 days I get a response that they haven't heard anything from their supplier yet, and that they are going to contact them and have them track down the package I sent back. Fast forward another 3 weeks and I have yet to hear from them with regards to what they found out from the supplier, needless to say I fired off another email.

I'm going to try calling tomorrow to find out what the deal is if I don't have a response to my email by then, I'm to the point now where I'm expecting to be out the cash for the tail lights, but I just want to make sure that I can try and help anyone else avoid this same stuff by avoiding them altogether.

I'll drop back to this post when I get more info on whats going on to keep anyone interested updated.

Thanks for the info.
    Morgan
    2010 Silverado Ext. Cab LTZ 2 WD 6 ft bed
    5.3L 6 speed w\ 3.08 rear end
    Navigation Package
    Westin lighted boards
    Undercover SE tonneau cover
    It's a start!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Thanks for letting us all know.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

that's a bummer. thanks for sharing.
    2K Bowtie Silverado xCab 5.3L
    7" Fabtech Suspension Lift + 3" Perf Acc. Body Lift
    K&N Air Intake + Edelbrock Shorty Ceramic Headers + Flowmaster Super 10 Series dumped after muffler!
    Bridgestone Dueler 285/75/16 on stock rims
    SSBC Slotted Rotors & Pads
    HID Driving & Fog Lights

(AR Bajas + ProComp 305/70/16) <-- seasonal set

Sorry to hear about your problem. But thanks for the info...probably saved some of us a lot of grief.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Corins View Post
    Late December I ordered a set of LED Tail lights from Mytightride.com, the ones I ordered were out of stock, I'm wishing I had ditched them right there and gotten the lights elsewhere
    I can't help but wonder about this first statement. By any chance did they notify you that the ones you ordered were out of stock after you ordered them? And did they further explain that they had another set that's similar but costs just a little more? If so that's classic bait and switch. Pretty common for crooked internet sales sites. Besides being illegal, it's a good indicator of the kind of people you will be doing business with.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you either get your money back or get the unbroken lenses that you ordered.

Best of luck, and please do keep us posted.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

I can't help but wonder about this first statement. By any chance did they notify you that the ones you ordered were out of stock after you ordered them? And did they further explain that they had another set that's similar but costs just a little more?
    Actually they told me the ones I originally ordered were out of stock and they wouldn't be getting more, and told me if I wanted to look at the other ones they had available they would switch out part numbers on the order form. The set I choose were actually cheaper and since they had already charged me for the more expensive ones I was credited the difference back. My biggest problem is that since they shipped the lights that were broken it seems as if they don't care to deal with me anymore now that they have my money. If they think I'm going to stop calling/emailing they have another thing coming. Until the lights I ordered are in my hands they will continually hear from me. Sad part is its coming up to the 5 month period since I ordered them originally and I'm still having to deal with this, if this is common practice for them I'm sure they don't have many repeat customers.

Hmmm, maybe we should ALL start calling and e-mailing them for you too.
    Daddy:
    2001 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLT Vortec 5300 - 163,000 <- Just bought
    Mommy:
    2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT Vortec 4300 - 30,000 <- 2 years old

Sr. Engineer

Just out of curiosity, what brand of taillights are they?

The ones I originally ordered Depo Carbon Fiber Housing LED, they were the ones that I couldn't get, the ones they sent that were broken and I'm waiting on replacement ones are..LED Smoke

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by