GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    I'm bought my last laptop from Costco. Fair priced and I can take it back anytime, for any reason within the first 6 months. Got a nice HP DV6000 and have been very happy with it. Bought it to replace a Dell that had the mysteriously 'hot' battery. Dell claims that our serial number didn't fall within the affected batch. Thank you Dell. Picture from: Consumeraffairs.com I have not yet gotten any satifaction from Dell's customer-no-service dept.
    I heard about this problems its not still going on is it, Unplugged?

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Sr. Apprentice

Got a Dell Inspiron E1505 and no problems other than the once in a while glitch...but even my custom built desktop does that stuff....its normal if you keep em running for a while. I've got a Dell precision 390 workstation here at work and its kick a$$....no problems, and its got the best core 2 duo processor and 4 gigs of ram woo hoo! So in conclusion, I've seen no problems with dell, but my roommate who has his own computer repair business is plagued by dells coming in needing fixed....i'm thinking its just cause alot of people have dells so you have a higher chance of getting a broken dell to fix!

Quote Originally Posted by quickzilverado View Post
    Got a Dell Inspiron E1505 and no problems other than the once in a while glitch...but even my custom built desktop does that stuff....its normal if you keep em running for a while. I've got a Dell precision 390 workstation here at work and its kick a$$....no problems, and its got the best core 2 duo processor and 4 gigs of ram woo hoo! So in conclusion, I've seen no problems with dell, but my roommate who has his own computer repair business is plagued by dells coming in needing fixed....i'm thinking its just cause alot of people have dells so you have a higher chance of getting a broken dell to fix!

NO Dell's suck, it's just that people don't know it yet, just wait until it needs repair, so you want to take it to a local shop to fix it, good luck as Dell parts are proprietary and Dell will not sell parts to a local shop, so guess what, you get to experience that fine Dell customer no service. That is the point you are questioning why I got sucked in to buying a Dell, trust me it will happen. I was once a huge Dell fan until I got put through the grinder, now I will never buy another Dell no matter how much you paid me.
    Worlds biggest Tahoe fanatic!
    When all else fails just blame it on childhood issues.

So how is this Dell chat machine...ur I mean laptop working so far?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    So how is this Dell chat machine...ur I mean laptop working so far?
    Those damn crazy Dell people. You'd think they have these things built, and sitting in a warehouse for shipment. Apparently it took them 3 days to build it. It wouldn't even take 2 days to build this laptop from scratch...I'm talking inner layer PCB cores, solder reflow, and board population. Never mind assembling pre-made components.

The fact that I'm just going to be getting it tomorrow kind of stinks since I ordered it early last week, and it went out 3 day shipping.
    Oh well. I'll let you know tomorrow.

For now, I need to get the wireless router setup.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by TrailLeadr View Post

For now, I need to get the wireless router setup.
    Ew cool, I'm a router guru. PM me if any troubles.
    BTW thats not cool waiting for new toy.

Legend

Well, I've got my new toy. So far so good. I'll be happy as long as I don't have to experience the dreaded "Dell Customer Service".

On a different note, has anyone seen the new Mac commercial where they poke fun at PC's running Windows Vista?
    It's the one where PC has to constantly answer yes or no, to what looks like an FBI agent everytime he either wants to talk to Mac, or do pretty much anything.

Well, I got this Dell, and it came with windows Vista Basic. I tried to go Linux way back when, but it was just too alien for me from DOS, so I just stuck with microsoft. Besides a few blue screens never killed anyone.
    Anyway, I figured the latest greatest windows has to be...well the greatest (or at least better than the last).
    I just want to say, I think Windows Vista stinks.
    Every time you want to run a program you have to tell the computer either yes or no.
    OK, if I didn't want to run the program, I wouldn't have "double clicked" it.

I think I'm going to step backwards, and install Xp in this machine. Vista just seems like even more bloatware that Xp is. It's terribly slow. I can at least deal with Xp.

So, does anyone else run Vista, and are they happy with it?

No, I've got a notebook, a PC at home and a PC at work. All XP.

In fact, we only have two machines in the entire company (we're a software company) that have Vista on it. Windows XP SP2 actually seems pretty stable, so I'm good for now.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I'm testing Vista at work; it runs great on a dual core CPU wit 2 GB memory.
    The questions when you start a program is because the programs aren't Vista verified and are a potential danger for Vista he thinks it's probably spy ware.
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Davandy View Post
    I'm testing Vista at work; it runs great on a dual core CPU wit 2 GB memory.
    The questions when you start a program is because the programs aren't Vista verified and are a potential danger for Vista he thinks it's probably spy ware.
    Ok, well then my Vista was stupid. I would open the control panel, and start the administrator services , and it would ask if I wanted to allow or cancel. Same thing for add/remove programs.

Well Vista is just a memory on this machine, and it seems that both the computer and I are much happier without it. Computer is much faster now.