GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Source for HID light conversion?

Does anyone have a source for an HID conversion? I have a 2010 Silverado. What color temp did you get? Are you happy with it? Did you get low/high or just low or just high beams?

Thanks...
    Kurt
    Trenton, FL.
    http://www.flaguns.com
    2010 Chev Silverado LT, 5.3L V8, 6 Spd Auto, 4x4, Z71, HD Cooling, 3.42 Locking Rear End, Rough Country Leveling Kit, Smittybilt Nerfs, Sprayed Bedliner, DDM HIDs, LEDs

i got the 8000k from DDM tuning and i am very happy with them, they were less than $50 shipped and very easy to install. I just got the low beams and i see no reason to get the high beams because the lows are plenty bring enough.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooterusmc View Post
    i got the 8000k from DDM tuning and i am very happy with them, they were less than $50 shipped and very easy to install. I just got the low beams and i see no reason to get the high beams because the lows are plenty bring enough.
    Awesome! Thanks!
    Kurt
    Trenton, FL.
    2010 Chev Silverado LT, 5.3L V8, 6 Spd Auto, 4x4, Z71, HD Cooling, 3.42 Locking Rear End, Rough Country Leveling Kit, Smittybilt Nerfs, Sprayed Bedliner, DDM HIDs, LEDs

I work in a custom shop and work with mainly imports. (I'm a nissan leg humper)

I personally hate 8k and think they look like rice. But that is just my opinion, some people love the blue tint to their headlights and that's what they like.

I would never install anything higher than 6k, I think 6k is the optimal medium between light output and a cool look.

Question

I ordered a 6k hid kit from DDM tuning for my high beams. Did you guys pull the DRL fuse when using HID kits for the low beams?
    Kurt
    Trenton, FL.