GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Fabtech basic, or performance??

hey all, just recently purchased a 09 texas edition silverado 4X4! im already looking to lift it, ive narrowed it down to fabtech as i had it on my previous ford (2007 F-150 with fabtech 6' lift + 35 MTs.)with only good things to say except that the ride was a lil rough with daily driving. so, should i go with the performance setup with new coil over and shocks(what i ran with the ford), or just use the spacers from the basic setup, with the basic it says 'front coilover spacer system utilizing the factory coilover assembly for a stock like ride <---true? so does anyone run either of these lifts and possibly throw some insight in here for me?
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab LT
    20 inch Incubus Wheel
    35 Pro Comp Xtreme A/T
    Zone Offroad 6.5 suspension lift
    Dual Flowmaster Super 40s (Turn Downs)
    Low profile tool box
    Diablo Predator Programmer

my dad has the BDS 6in, which i really good lift, and he bought fox coilovers for the front and it rides awsome and it also performs really well, a little pricey though

how much are the fox coil overs do u kno? prolly expensive... foxx has great stuff but u pay for it!
    ya im torn between the two bc i dont do alot of offroading, but i do like to wen i get the chance! so i need a happy medium

he got the lift for $1250 and i think the coilovers were $350 a piece and i installed all of it for him

hm i like the price better, where did he buy it from? im not very mechanically savvy but im a quick learner, was it easy to install?
    thanx for the help man!

he ordered it online, not sure where but ill try to find out for you, and the install was pretty easy but i used to do lift kits where i used to work before i joined the marine corps, but if u have most basic hand tools, a impact, a good size hammer, u should be able to do it. just look online and they have several sites that show u how to install a lift, it comes with detailed instructions too

hey thanx for your service man, im military myself, army infantry im here at ft. bliss.
    anyways, ya fabtech has really detailed instructions on theyre site so it shouldnt b hard to install if i have some help from a friend. thanx for the info