GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Low speed wheel sqeak

Wanted to see what you all have to say. I'm occasionally getting a squeak coming from the front passenger wheel area. If it happens it only seems to be when my foot is off the throttle and I'm still rolling at low speed. Like when pulling into a driveway. I had the dealer listen to it and they said that it was the breaks from the sitting on the lot. Not buying that. The truck had been being driven by the GM and even now I'm still getting the squeak and I have put at least 100 miles since buying the truck. So any thoughts on the squeak. Could it be a bearing issue? Any advice would be great.
    2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3L,
    Blue Granite Metallic
    removed lower front air dam, de-badged, Line-X in bed and on step bars and rear fender wells, 2.5" Top Gunz Leveling kit, tinted windows
    __________________________________________________ ______

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by fireman1317 View Post
    Wanted to see what you all have to say. I'm occasionally getting a squeak coming from the front passenger wheel area. If it happens it only seems to be when my foot is off the throttle and I'm still rolling at low speed. Like when pulling into a driveway. I had the dealer listen to it and they said that it was the breaks from the sitting on the lot. Not buying that. The truck had been being driven by the GM and even now I'm still getting the squeak and I have put at least 100 miles since buying the truck. So any thoughts on the squeak. Could it be a bearing issue? Any advice would be great.
    Out of curiosity what wheels are on the truck?

they should of put your truck on a rack and listened to the wheel bearings w/ a sethascope (wich im guessing they did because hubs are gravy jobs and nobody will turn one down)

sand the glaze layer off of your brake pads and wire brush the pad hardware clean
    GM TECH

05 silverado shortbed