GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default How to tell if a leveling kit is installed?

I bought this truck used and was wondering if anyone could tell if it has a leveling kit on it? I had a lv kit on my old truck and this one looks the same . Also I have seen my truck next other 4x4 (same yr/model) and it looks higher in the front.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0222001733a.jpg   0225001834b.jpg  
    2008 silverado 4.8l 4x4, Flowmaster exhaust, smoke 3rd brake light , LT285/70r17 Cooper Discovery STT,

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

Well if the front of yours looks higher than the same model truck you compared it to and looks level front to rear, then id say you most likely have a leveling kit of some sort. But to be sure you could ask the previous owner.
    Last edited by Silverado Junkie; 05-04-2010 at 11:01 AM.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

Sr. Engineer

If you can post a picture of the top of the strut/spring assembly and the bottom of the strut where it attaches to the lower control arm we could tell you for sure. The leveling kits use either a spacer on top of the strut/spring assembly or the bottom of it to lift it and they're pretty easy to spot.

I took a picture and circled the spacer on my kit to give you an idea of what to look for if its on the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spacer.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado Junkie View Post
    Well if the front of yours looks higher than the same model truck you compared it to and looks level front to rear, then id say you most likely have a leveling kit of some sort. But to be sure you could ask the previous owner.
    easiest way to find out....

It would be easy to ask the previous owner if you didn't buy it from a dealership like I did. I am in the same boat but if it looks level then there was something done! LOL. I noticed it when I first saw my truck at the dealer. I asked the salesman why the front looked higher and his response was maybe it's just an illusion because it didn't have running boards on it like the other one on the lot did.
    I knew that wasn't the case but didn't know about leveling kits until after I bought the truck....
    08' Silverado LT1 - Dark blue metallic

Leveling kit | Rear wheel well covers | Line-x color matched bedliner | Tinted windows

Take a picture like the one the other guy posted but to me it looks like you have one on there. Its hard to tell from the angle the picture was taken at if you can take one from the side on level ground would be better.
    07 Gmc Sierra
    22" xd series
    k&n air filter
    Magna Flo
    30% front, Limo Backs
    White Bandana R.I.P Lil Man

thanks for the info , ill take a pic when the suns out
    2008 silverado 4.8l 4x4, Flowmaster exhaust, smoke 3rd brake light , LT285/70r17 Cooper Discovery STT,

I still have to get a pic of the bottom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0511001933a.jpg   0511001933.jpg  

ya ur running a leveling kit it looks like a 1.5 superlift like the one i use to have on my truck

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"