GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sr. Mechanic

Default Subwoofers - what do u have and what do u think

what do yall think about Diamond audio D6 subwoofers. i am looking to get some 12 subs and a mono block amp.

So what do you think and what do you have let me know.

thanks,

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

(Coming up - Fuel Injected 383 Stroker - Divorced NP205 - D60 - 40" tires)

I have never heard or owned diamond audio subs, I have 3 12 inch kicker L5 solo barics and a 1200.1 kicker amp. I love the kicker subs they are great and they sound awesome!

I've heard of diamond audio, but I've never heard them or asked anyone about them. What's your budget?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

What kind of music do you play? What kind of box are you going with? The D6 Subs in the right box will sound great.. Diamond is a Higher end brand you will not find in a Best Buy or a rinky dink shop.. You can compair them to a JL 12w6v2 or a Alpine Type X for a nice clean Bass..What are the other speakers in your truck?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Mechanic

1 - my music preference is all over the place from Megadeth to Jack Johnson to Jay Z to The Cranberries.

2 - i would like to go with a sealed box, but open. I like the low end of a sealed box.

3 - i currently have MB Quart Discus / Reference 6 1/2 components in the front and rear with a DA D3 10" sub. The MB's are running of the radio and i have a JL amp for the 10.

i will be running a 4 channel amp up front and a mono block for the rear.

I hope to get the D6 sub/s and a matching 1000.1 amp. As far as budget i can wait until i have the money i need to get what i want.

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

Legend

Nice set up... What amp will you be running for the inside speakers? A sealed box with those subs will be tight.. and sound good..

You do do things the right way.. Save your money and get thing 1 time. Not getting some cheap crap then upgrading and upgrading... My last system was BIG $$$ But it lasted 6+ years with nothing blown, And still sounding like Day one.. It was all top of the line JL Audio..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sr. Mechanic

Thanks,

Not sure, thought about a 4 channel DA or going with an MB Quart also.

Yea.. i firmly believe you get what you pay for. i dont have the money to waste so i do alot of reasearch and save $$$ toget it.

91 Suburban

I have two kicker cvr 12's on the back seat of my ext cab silverado running off an 800 watt cobalt amp. They sound awesome and hit hard enough to dent the sheet metal on my roof. They sit inside a ported kicker box so i would definately recommend goin with kickers

2002 Chevy Silverado
    5.3L
    Black DeeZee Tool Box
    Black Westin Grille Guard
    Painted stock rims black
    Custom True Dual exhaust
    Two Kicker CVR's
    800 Watt Cobalt amp
    Specter Cold Air Intake
    5 funtion Pacer led light bar

Quote Originally Posted by 02 Heavy Chevy View Post
    I have two kicker cvr 12's on the back seat of my ext cab silverado running off an 800 watt cobalt amp. They sound awesome and hit hard enough to dent the sheet metal on my roof. They sit inside a ported kicker box so i would definately recommend goin with kickers

You mentioned that in another thread... I have seen systems in competition that are hitting 153+db and they have never dented the metal in a truck..flexed maybe. Afre you sure that damage is from your subs? Sorry..I degressed...

I have Kicker subs in a 7th order Blow through box...the subs are 8" L7 subs...yes I said 8"....they hit harder and cleaner than most 10" and 12" systems.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Legend

I too have to say... I have seen and heard trucks that do over 165DB's other then a cracked windshield I never saw a roof get dented..But there was 1 time at Band camp.. Opps wrong story.. I was at Spring break Nat's in Daytona Beach Fla and I saw a Suburban blow out his windows...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast