GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: please help

Unhappy please help

just did a motor swap,and now my motor is missing in the number 1 cylinder and running aweful we have fixed the timeing and it still runs bad so I took it back and they said it was the egr valve I replaced it and it still is missing the plug wires and distributer or not old and there is no carbon build up I love my truck and I have put a ton of money in it I ned serious help

Quote Originally Posted by judyz71 View Post
    just did a motor swap,and now my motor is missing in the number 1 cylinder and running aweful we have fixed the timeing and it still runs bad so I took it back and they said it was the egr valve I replaced it and it still is missing the plug wires and distributer or not old and there is no carbon build up I love my truck and I have put a ton of money in it I ned serious help
    If you can give out some more infor about your Ride.......Like Year,Engine,Mileage and so on would really Help........

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

[QUOTE=judyz71;257461]just did a motor swap,and now my motor is missing in the number 1 cylinder and running aweful we have fixed the timeing and it still runs bad so I took it back and they said it was the egr valve I replaced it and it still is missing the plug wires and distributer or not old and there is no carbon build up I love my truck and I have put a ton of money in it I ned serious help its a 98 z71 5.7 vortec

Legend
    Blog Entries

Have you checked the spider injection assembly?? also is the motor a junk yard motor or new??? Are you getting spark at the #1cyl?? And if so have you checked the compression on that cyl?
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"