GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Fan Clutch help

  1. #1
    Master Mechanic Dr_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    706

    Default Fan Clutch help

    Need a new fan clutch and was wanting to know what would be a good replacement.

    I'm looking at the Hayden "Severe Duty Thermal" any good?

  2. #2

    Smile In a Clutch

    Doc I don't know about the Hayden but back in the day when I used clutch fans I always used 4 Seasons brand and never had any trouble, I think they even have a warranty !
    With God all things are possible !

  3. #3
    Master Mechanic Dr_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 67Cowboy View Post
    Doc I don't know about the Hayden but back in the day when I used clutch fans I always used 4 Seasons brand and never had any trouble, I think they even have a warranty !

    Thanks for the reply!

    I started looking around and found out Four Seasons is owner of Hayden and Imperial is repackaged Haydens LOL!

    So I ordered the sever duty Hayden has the same stock # as the imperial just 10 bucks less.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Zero View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

    I started looking around and found out Four Seasons is owner of Hayden and Imperial is repackaged Haydens LOL!

    So I ordered the sever duty Hayden has the same stock # as the imperial just 10 bucks less.
    I've only changed one fan in my whole life, so I'm no help. But nice score on the good deal.



    Jamie

    2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

  5. #5

    Default 4 Seasons good deal

    Sounds great Doc, yeah back in the day I sold 4 seasons for A-1 auto Supply and we carried the 4 Season clutch fans, water necks, A/C hoses, dryer kits and compressors they were a great brand I'll have to write that Imperial and Hayden info down in my book that's good to know, A lot of companys make lower quality and repackage under other names, filter and brake part companies are notorious for that ! Glad you got a good one, I always sold more parts to people because of quality than I did any thing else. Because I'd rather have a part I can count on than one that might make it !!!
    Last edited by 67Cowboy; 03-29-2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: sp
    With God all things are possible !

  6. #6
    Master Mechanic Dr_Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 67Cowboy View Post
    Sounds great Doc, yeah back in the day I sold 4 seasons for A-1 auto Supply and we carried the 4 Season clutch fans, water necks, A/C hoses, dryer kits and compressors they were a great brand I'll have to write that Imperial and Hayden info down in my book that's good to know, A lot of companys make lower quality and repackage under other names, filter and brake part companies are notorious for that ! Glad you got a good one, I always sold more parts to people because of quality than I did any thing else. Because I'd rather have a part I can count on than one that might make it !!!

    I think its a regional thing with the names maybe but as long as it good quality I dont care what the call then LOL!

    "I have the new benihana brand fan my truck!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HAYDEN-logo.gif  
    Last edited by Dr_Zero; 03-30-2007 at 08:07 AM.

  7. #7
    Legend unplugged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    High Deserts of SoCal
    Posts
    2,554

    Default

    Thermal FC is the way to go. Later model GM's use an electronic FC. Just one more thing to go haywire on you! Of course you could save a few HP and go with an electric fan. Hayden has some great EF's.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Similar Threads

  1. clutch job
    By bucklti in forum GM Powertrain
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 08:42 PM
  2. How do I know if my fan clutch is bad?
    By OldPitPony in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 10:17 PM
  3. AC compressor clutch
    By redvr4 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 06:37 PM
  4. Clutch fan to electric?
    By Tiny1987 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 07:18 PM
  5. Fan Clutch running at 100%????
    By mustangrog1979 in forum Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 09:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •