GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default My Dealer Experience

I bought my 06 Silverado last August and my ordeal was less then favorable. The dealership is a big chain here in the Upper Valley and they really don't about the customer, they really only care about making the sale. My experience started when I traded my Ranger in and bought a 2000 Sierra. The Sierra was very nice and the previous owner took very good care of it. The only two issues with it was the mileage and the famous GMC piston slap. So I thought about for a while and decided to visit them again to see what they had. They pushed extremely hard to get me to buy a new truck and I finally caved in. The interesting thing about the deal is that the previous owner of the Sierra just happened to be there when I traded the Sierra in (coincidence)hmmmm?? He gave them back a brand new Sierra and took his old truck back. So now I was really stuck with their sales preassure. I finally bought a 06 Silverado with 9,000 miles and quite a few goodies. Some how though I got screwed with the amount of money I ended up paying for the truck and now I'm stuck with a truck I can barley afford. I have tried to work with them to see if I can get into something else but I think they screwed me and that's the way it's going to stay. This dealer's name is "Miller Auto Group" and they own 90% of the dealerships here and so there really is no competition.

The next time I need a vehicle I will be shopping outside of the Upper Valley!

Welcome Bikehike, that sounds like a rather odd experience. Did you find an upper manager to talk too? Just seems like your not being treated fairly. They should make sure your completely happy before you make such a big purchase (especially a big dealer) There is probably tons more to choose from that wouldn't break there budget or your budget. I would go and talk to as high up as you can get there.
    Keep us posted

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

I have friends in management at a dealership in DFW and they'll tell you Sales, Service, and Parts are different worlds. Sale's objective is to make every penny they can off of every sale, they arent financing you, thats usually a bank and they really arent concerned if you default because they loose nothing they got their money already. Repeat sales customers are the rareity not the rule.
    Parts and Service rely on competitive pricing and good service they work for the repeat customer base and rely on it to pay the bills. Parts and Service normally carry the dealership and Sales is a means to the ends.

You need to put where you live in your signature so we know what upper valley you are talking about.

This is a big problem with GM the dealership is the front line and what most people think of when they think GM.

Try bitching to GM corporate about the mistreatment.

Start here by signing up as a new owner if you haven’t already.

https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home?cmp=gmcomhp

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesn’t.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.