GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Wheels for 08 Silverado

Hi All

I just picked up a 08 Silverado Crew Z71 in graystone metallic and So far.. the truck is awesome!!

I do think the truck needs some new wheels and tires though. I like the KMC XD Series Rockstar in black, 20 x 8.5. Can someone please confirm that they won't stick out past the stock wheel well?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...dClar=Crew+Cab

I've noticed that many people seem to be buying Nitto Terra Grappler tires, but it seems Tirerack doesn't sell that brand. Since i'm in Canada, i would prefer to order everything from one place as it is sooo much cheaper than buying locally. Would any of these tires be comparable?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...&skipOver=true

I don't have any plans to lift or level my truck.

Also, if anyone has these rims on their truck, please post some pics!!!!

Thanks!
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon500 View Post
    Hi All

I just picked up a 08 Silverado Crew Z71 in graystone metallic and So far.. the truck is awesome!!

I do think the truck needs some new wheels and tires though. I like the KMC XD Series Rockstar in black, 20 x 8.5. Can someone please confirm that they won't stick out past the stock wheel well?

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...dClar=Crew+Cab

I've noticed that many people seem to be buying Nitto Terra Grappler tires, but it seems Tirerack doesn't sell that brand. Since i'm in Canada, i would prefer to order everything from one place as it is sooo much cheaper than buying locally. Would any of these tires be comparable?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...&skipOver=true

I don't have any plans to lift or level my truck.

Also, if anyone has these rims on their truck, please post some pics!!!!

Thanks!
    Ryan
    The Rims have a 6.14 Backspace and a +35mm offset.......Below is a Wheel Calculator.....Just enter your Rim Size and the backspace/offset and you will be able to see how they will fit.......you can also enter and find what size tires will work and fit,
    http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 05-24-2010 at 11:08 AM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Just as a heads up, maybe you will have better luck then I did, but I'll mention it anyway. I went to order a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers and was told by the company in the US that I was trying to order them from that Nitto tells the companies it supplies with tires not to sell cross border. I either had to buy them in Canada or not at all, and with the price being $80 more per tire across the border I went with Toyo's instead.

So chances are even if tirerack did sell Nittos, you'd have to pick something else anyway.

I would go with a BFGoodrich All Terrain instead. in my opinion and in my experiences they are better tires and will last a lot longer. Those rims shouldnt stick out much, but it also depends on your tire size as well.
    PETE
    95 GMC Sierra 2500
    3" Body Lift, 33" Goodyear MTR's
    5.7L 350 TBI Edelbrock SDT Exhaust, Flowtech Headers, K&N Intake
    Sold :(
    1999 Jeep Cherokee, 3" Rustys lift, 33" BFG MT's, locked, armored: Rolled :(
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. K&N Intake, Custom Kolak Exhaust

Contact this GMTC Moderator for any problems or questions you may have :great:

Join the GMTC Facebook Group!!! Join Here

Not sure about the Nitto's as I have never owned a set. I have heard they wear rather quick and can be loud on the highway. As for the Rockstars... I love how they look; however, I think they are kinda played out.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Those wheels will fit inside the fenders with that offset. Factory offset is 31mm which is 4mm less, I have 20 x 8.5 factory wheels with 31mm offset and they fit even with the fenders. Her's a pic to show you how they fit. I know my truck is an '05 but fitment characteristics are the same.

Adam