GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Sea Foam use

Default Sea Foam use

I have used Sea Foam in the past by inducing it thru the brake booster vacuum hose with mixed results. Is there any harm to suck in the Sea Foam directly thru the intake hose downstream of the mass flow sensor, maybe thru the hose going into the valve cover. I'm thinking this might help clean out the throttle plate and other intake areas that don't get coated via the brake booster hose. Any concerns ?

On my model the brake vacuum line connection is over the #3 cylinder. I noticed it atfer I did it that way. It helped a little. I had to pour a bottle down my TBI half down on side half down the other.Then ran a bottle in the gas tank. It worked great better starts,idle,even the mgp picked up a few 10ths.
    I did have to reset the computer cuz it went waco, And I let it set a 2 hours. I cant see what it would hurt sucking it in were ever you can.That might be the best way. I would get a bottle in the tank too.
    Good Luck..
    95 tahoe 2dr 4x4 200,000+ miles

Cool sea foam use

Go to there website, theres a video on how to do that. They have a can of seafoam with a tube to install just in front of the throttle body.

Cool seafoam use

I forgot to mention in my last post that 3M makes a kit part # 8963 that has a throttle body cleaner, intake manifold cleaner and a fuel tank additive , cost about $50.00. I use it once a year in all my trucks, just BEFORE I do an oil change so I dont contaminate my new oil.

or, you can buy a can of seafoam that's compressed in an aerosol can. It's called Deep Creep. Just spray it and away it goes!
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

I have the best luck with SeaFoam pouring it in the throttle body. The Vortecs have a small hole in the throttle plate. When the SF goes in that hole, it gets sucked through very quickly which helps to atomize it better. I also pour some down the Idle Air port, works just as well.

I put the SF in, shut the truck down for a couple hours. Then take it for a ride and open it up a few times.

BTW, you want to start with a hot motor.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.