GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default blower motor problems

Last Winter while I was in Mexico My blower motor quit working. Yesterday when I replaced the resister it started working and I thought everything was fine. As i was putting the cover back on I started smelling an electrical smoke. The blower seemed to freeze and I shut it off.
    Has anyone had a similar experience? It seems to me that it is probably the motor, but I'm not sure,any ideas?

I just had the same problem on my 06 2500HD. No speeds worked at all. While the key was on, and the blower turned on, I tested the red wire to my blower, it was hot, so I thought the motor was toast. I decided to test the continuity of the circuit by unplugging the red/black lead to the blower. With it unplugged, i placed my test light accross the black and red connections of the blower wires... I was not getting a connection to ground on the black wire. I disconnected the other end going to the resistor pack. I looked at the ground wire connection pin and it was pretty black and dirty, looks like a little arcing was going on maybe. I cleaned up the connection with a file and small pin, connected everything together and it works fine now. I suspect someone's foot may have kicked the connecter and got it a bit loose. It's ok for now, but I may have to either replace the connector or jumper the ground wire around the connector. Good Luck