GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Jr. Mechanic
    Blog Entries

I learned to drive on a 1964 Chevy step side that had more colors then the rainbow. My first car was a 1976 buick skylark S. Not sure what the s stood for the only way to get it to light up the tires was to put it in reverse lol. Then I got my 86 honda crx to save gas driving 40 miles to and from work every day. I then bought my dirt bike so darn I had to get a truck. Oh yea bought a truck just to haul the dirtbike around so I got my 97 z71.

Jr. Apprentice

first truck was a 94 1500 Chevy. Reg cab/long bed. 350ci V8 flowmaster single exhaust, had a lot of fun in that truck but sold it and bought a 95 1500 ext cab. 305ci V8. Hated the downgrade in motor, very sluggish truck. Then I wrecked it and drove it for a year afterwards with not a single good body panel on it

Master Mechanic

my first truck was a 1957 Chevy stepside, 4 on the floor, if you could work that clutch, you could drive anything, good rig to learn on for sure, wish i hadn't sold it :(

2009 silverado Crew Cab LTZ Z71 4X4
    6in FabTech suspension lift
    35x13R18 nitto terra grapplers
    6k and risin

Previously owned vehicles-
    2007 silverado ext cab LT 4x4
    2001 silverado std cab 2wd
    1990 toyota pickup
    1989 Trans Am GTA
    1957 Chevy Pickup stepside

My first truck was a tired 1985 Ford Ranager. It was fine just driving back and forth to school and work. Though when I started to go to college and working. I started racking up the mileage. I broke the following: timing belt, distributor, radiator, u-joints, A/C, and finally the transmission starting to let go.

Oh well. I know it was a FORD and yes it was Found on the Road Dead a few times.
    2010 Silverado LT 1500 Extended Cab Z71 4x4
    Summit White
    Cashmere Leather interior
    Line-X Bedliner
    Bushwacker Bed Rails

Jr. Apprentice

My first vehicle was a 1950 Plymouth in 1962. What a piece of XXXX. I put a lot of money in that car just to keep it running. After 6 months, I junked it and bought a 54 Pontiac, then a 57 Ford, then a 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 and then a 64 Ford Galaxie 500, 390, 3 speed. During my 27 year USAF career I spent 15 years in Germany. As a result I owned several Vws, BMWs and Mercedes. I have since owned 66 vehicles and have pictures of each of them in chronological sequence. I am the only one in my circle of friends who has a complete picture album of all cars and trucks owned. I currently own a 2010 Escalade, 2010 Silverado 1500, '06 Hummer H3 (Show Vehicle) and a '03 50th Anniversary Corvette Pace Car (Show car.) Happy Motoring and always "See the USA in your Chevrolet."

My first vehicle was a 1973 VW Superbeetle. It was a hand-me-down from my sister. I wanted to convert it into a dune-buggy style beetle, but found out that it had severe frame damage (brought on by my sister), that was not worth repairing. Then I bought a CJ-7, lifted with 33's. That was a fun ride for high school, but got old after a few years.

My first truck was a '95 S10 with the 4.3 TBI and 2wd. Ran like a top.
    "If orange juice had armpits, maybe."
    -the wife in reference to the smell of JOOSE

My first car was a 1960 Chevy Belair.

my first truck was a 94' Z71 extended cab short bed. had the 350 TBI with a turbo 350 tranny. 3in body lift on 35x12.50. red in color with chrome grill guard, nerf bars, and bed rails. beautiful truck in excellent condition. i got it when i was 16 in 2005 with 300k on it and sold it about a year ago with 388k on it. my cusine has it now and it still runs like a top and looks beautiful. still has original motor and its on its 2nd tranny. should have never sold it even though i am really enjoying my HD
    2001 2500HD 4x4
    6.0 vortec
    spectra COI, poweraid throttle body spacer, true dual 3in straight exhaust, MSD 9.5mm wire, hypertech max energy
    lift keys and add a leafs
    18" eagle alloys wrapped in 33x13.50 baja claws
    8000k HID
    plus quite a few other mods

First car was a 68 Dodge Dart GTS Hurst Special, a piece of garbage. I bought it from a neighbor for $85 when I was 15, it didnt run. My dad only agreed because the engine was in the trunk with half the pieces missing and he figured I'd never get it running, but my brother and I had it running within 3 weeks.

The drivers outside door handle was missing and the passenger door wouldnt stay closed so I used a rope from one door to the other to keep it closed.

The 4 speed manual trans only had 1st, 2nd, and 4th. Reverse you got out and pushed, and 2nd to 4th was a speed shift.

The engine was a 383 B/B I'm not sure why it still ran, when we put it together I couldnt afford real head gaskets so I used cardboard, bailing wire, and RTV to make head gaskets, the rest of the engine had RTV to seal it. She went through a qt of oil every 500 miles, she might have been burning some too cause she had over 200K on her.

The fuel tank had a couple of bullet holes in it so you could only fill it 1/2 way or it leaked down and left a trail down the road.

It had 4 different size and brand tires but none of them had tread.

The drivers seat backrest had to be held up with a board cause the seat frame was broken and would lay back otherwise.

I drove that car over 35K miles before the trans let go all the way then I parked it at my brothers house and forgot about it for a few years until a collector came by and tried to buy it off me for $500, thats when I found out the rare black with red stripes meant it was a Hurst Special and one of only 1900 built that year so I hung on to it thinking I could get a better price, a few years later I ended up having to pay someone to haul it away.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast