GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 Last Post byLast Post by

1985 Pontiac Fiero GT 2.8 V6 with twin turbo.

The thing was so bad***. Most people would say, I will blow that car away. The main factor, it was so light.

I used to come out of my apartment and my friends would have moved it sideways in the parking spot. It was funny at first, but the times there were cars next to me where I needed to wait for them to move or have someone help me pick it up and move it back. That got me upset. I miss that car.
    Tim Walters (Curky)

Wrangler AT/S 265/70R17 - Trail-FX window vents - Husky fitted splash guards - Silver Star zXe - Leveling kit -

Mine was a 1954 Chevy pick up. I had to pull it home with my Dad's 1974 Chevy stepside. I worked on it for 6 months to get it back on the road. I loved that truck and regret ever selling it. Good times.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

1991 Chevy Cavalier Z24, manual transmission

Followed by a 1979 Chevy Camaro

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Quote Originally Posted by Curky View Post
    1985 Pontiac Fiero GT 2.8 V6 with twin turbo.

The thing was so bad***. Most people would say, I will blow that car away. The main factor, it was so light.
    You are right, I had a buddy in college that had one for his DD/track car and beat about everything it went against. It was an awesome little car.

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    Mine was a 1954 Chevy pick up. I had to pull it home with my Dad's 1974 Chevy stepside. I worked on it for 6 months to get it back on the road. I loved that truck and regret ever selling it. Good times.
    I only hope to own/restore a 50's pick up one day, definitely a dream truck of mine.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

My first car was a '92 Ford Taurus L. Hand-me-down, base model - seriously, all it had was A/C and an AM/FM radio. It was my dad's commuter car then he bought a '98 SHO and gave the '92 to my sister to drive to school. I was a freshman when she was a senior and the year after that, she went to college and I turned 16. I drove that car for 3 years then, as a graduation gift, I got the '01 Silverado I have now.

I will say, that '92 Taurus was quite a beast. My sister was in a fender bender in it and I also wrecked it when I first started to drive it. Both times, my dad and I got parts from a junk yard to get back to working condition and it kept on running through my senior year.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

A black 1989 Nissan 240sx...engine blew out twice and then I had to replace the transmission. Then the brakes locked up and after that the radiator sprung a leak and it was constantly overheating. I finally gave up...it was a pain in the ass (and wallet) but I'll always regret not getting her to run like she was meant to.
    Marcus - Texas
    2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT, 5.3L V8 Flex-Fuel Engine, 4x4, Crew Cab, Laser Blue Metallic Exterior, Ebony Leather Interior, Rough Country Leveling Kit, MasterCraft Courser AXT Tires

Mine was a 1995 Chevy K1500 reg cab long box with a tbi 350 grey with rhino liner on the bottom(from the previous owner). bought it with 141k and sold it june 2012 with 191k on it. i dont think i put a thousand dollars into it for repairs. it was a gooood truck. i replaced the 245 tires with some 265s. i was on the first date with my girlfriend when the exhaust fell off right behind the cat. i drove it that way for about a year or so. then i had the muffler shop put a muffler on it with the old tail pipe. then eventually the tail pipe rotted out right behind the muffler so i cut it the rest of the way off (it was the best sounding truk after that) the dent in the bumper is when i lost breaks and found a durango to stop me. the only thing about it was the rust, which still wasnt terrible. that was the best truck, i wish i still had it. i have already dumped more money into my 07 for repairs than i did that. and it was cheaper to fix when it did break ( which wasnt often) i wish i still had it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010888.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	49664
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010887.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	49665

2007 NBS Silverado 5.3 Z71 - AVS Aeroskin - Rough Country Leveling Kit - 285/70/17 Kumho Roadventure AT KL78 - Lund Black 5" Oval Steps - More To Come

Jr. Apprentice

My first car was a 1968 Olds 442 !

My first vehicle was a 1990 Pontiac transport SE. it was a hand me down. it actually survived an awful lot. i lived in the mountains in Alberta and it actually went on some mild trails. my excuse to upgrade to an 89 Silverado was an oil leak that could have easily been fixed. on one had we used to hook up electric guitars to inverters and jam where ever we wanted but bottom line it was a mini van. and im a truck guy. all i have had since buying that first silverado is silverados. i have driven other trucks but im chev guy and thats all i will own. Bowtie guy all the way

Sr. Apprentice

My first car was the 1964 Chevy Corvair. I use this car continually 8 years. I love that car because i learned driving on this. It's very comfortable to drive.