GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 Last Post byLast Post by

The first vehicle I ever owned (bought myself) was a 1978 Pontiac Grand Prix LJ. It was silver, with red vinyl interior, console shifter, bucket seats, a 301 cu-in engine with a 4 bbl carburetor that had 150HP, turbo 350 hydra-matic transmission. I never did find out the rear axle ratio, but if I had to guess it was a 3.08, all I know was that it was an open differential.

2013 Silverado LTZ White Diamond Crew Cab

Mods:
    Advent OGM1 Navigation
    Husky Liners GearBox Underseat Storage
    Airaid MIT
    EGR Rail Caps
    K&N Air Filter
    Flowsound 40 Muffler
    Hypertech Max Energy Tune (only top end limiter removed and AFM disabled)
    Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover
    TonnoPro HF-155 Tonneau Cover
    WeatherTech Front and Rear Splash Guards
    Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners
    WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors

My first car is the truck I currently drive. I will be honest my parents bought it for me, but I have payed for all the repairs and maintenance for the truck which has pretty much cost what we bought the truck for at this point. I now pay the taxes on the truck and will reregister it to my name once college is over. Pretty much the best first car ever. Easy to work on yet modern and luxurious. I intend to keep her and drive her for the rest of my life because the truck is just built so well and finding parts and maintaining the truck is relatively cheaper than modern cars and the 5.7L Vortec is built to last forever like its other small block predecessors.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

My first vehicle that i pay for and payed for all myself is my current truck.

But, my first vehicle that was considered mine was short lived. Wish i still had it. It was a friend of mines 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, which she had received for a grad present. She came over, went to leave and it didn't start. Ever again until her parents just handed it over to my parents since it was stuck here. Went through it with my dad. Wasn't getting spark so we went down the line of things. Crank position sensor. coil. computer. plugs. wires. cap. rotor. a long long process. About a year of slow work. I used to clean it all the time even though it could never leave the driveway. Had a small lift on it with 31" street tires. I was gonna put a little work into it when finally we got it on the road. I drove it for a little while and then my dad sold it cause it had higher mileage and it was always causing problems with not running right. It was just a money pit really. It was never fully mine but i was the one that used it and that my parents said they would let me have it. I miss that thing. I always wonder what i would have done to it if i still had it, consider what i have done to my s10 so far and it's only been a year.
    95 S10 LS 5 speed ext cab 2wd "work truck"
    3/3 static _ Spectre Air Filter _ Punched out cat _ Glasspack>

99 S10 Xtreme 3rd door, 5 speed 4.3 VIN W
    Hurst Short Throw Shifter _
    American Racing wheels (275/60/15; 215/70/15) _ Sub/Amp/Stereo _ TB Mod>

I had a 1988 Bronco with a 5.8L on 33's. Then Build a real torque monster of a 427. Thought it was inderstructable, until the sent one of the spider gears and a 2" piece of axel thru the rear diff. Then I had to sell it because the 427 I built for it was only getting 4 MPG and with gas at $5 a gallon that equals $1 per mile. Rough when you are 16 working at a pizza joint. Still miss it.

My first car and I paid cash for from mowing yards was a 1965 Ford Fairlane 2 door coupe. It had a 3 speed floor shift and a small v8 (don't remember the cu"). That car was in-destructible, wish that I still had it (a true classic) for me.
    2010 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB (Silver) 4x4, ReadyLift 2.5" Level Kit, 305/60/18 Dick Cepek Mud Country, Go Rhino Nerf Bars, Husky Liners front and rear, Bushwacker Bed Rail Caps, Custom tuned. 4:11's

My first car was an 87 chevy spectrum. Followed by an 88 Isuzu I-mark with awd impulse turbo power train. ^that was a lot if damn work lol

My first truck was a 68 (cuss word coming) Ford F-100 with a 351w/ c6 trans from an 85 truck. Stupid owner before me decided to cut out the clutch pedal instead of putting a manual tranny in it
    Last edited by BurbanMan; 09-27-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    Chuckie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    My first car and I paid cash for from mowing yards was a 1965 Ford Fairlane 2 door coupe. It had a 3 speed floor shift and a small v8 (don't remember the cu"). That car was in-destructible, wish that I still had it (a true classic) for me.
    most likely a 289

Mine is the truck in my sig. 1995 chevy C1500 350/4 speed yada yada yada. I had always told my grandpa to hang onto the truck because i wanted it when I turned 16. I asked him how much he wanted and he said if I got good grades, got my license and promised to take care of it, he would give it to me for free. My grandpa died in feb 2012. In April 2012 (one month after turning 15) I brought it home with ~71, 250 miles on it and had no plans to do anything. As it got closer to me getting my license I decided I wanted to make it my own.

my first truck was a 1984 GMC S15 Jimmy 4x4 my mother passed it along to me on my 18th Birthday, it was also 2 door, had minimal rust, had the 2.8 2bbl, and for all intents and purposes it was an excellent truck, but i never got to drive it, didnt have a job or license, so it sat for a couple years till my mom sold it for 500, my next vehicle was a 1996 ford taurus with 236 on the odometer, i got it when i went off to school, and the car basically died as soon as i started school, parts on it failed (as if tauruses did anything else) and repairs steadily got more and more expensive till the engine started knocking, with no compression in cylinder 2, and low compression in cylinder 4 not to mention the horrible knocking, a friend of mine stumbled on my current truck, i talked the guy down to 500 cash, the body mounts werent (still arent) in the best shape, but it doesnt have alot of rust, jsut the cab corneres, and some light rust above the rear wheelwells, it had the 4 slot rallye wheels on it, and i immediately set out to find 454SS style wheels for it, when i got my truck and titles it, i scrapped the taurus and used the money from it to start towards nessecary repairs, missing sway bar link, bald tires, radiator, heater core, exhaust, trans mount, i bought the truck with 165,000 at the beginning of september last year, and ive been keeping up (or at least trying to) on changing my oil every 3000 miles, ive been running Castrol High Mileage 5W-30, and a delco filter, and so far no issues, now it has 183,000 miles a flow master, and a small exhaust leak making an annoying puffing whenever i get on the gas
    1991 Silverado 2WD 5.7L