GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Mechanic

Default bully dog power pup

I found a bully dog power pup programmer model number 43590 for $200.... It goes for $450 new. I've always wanted one and i am wondering if it is a good buy. What are some things I should look for so I know I'm not buying a band one or something. 06 silverado 1500 5.3L

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo3 View Post
    I found a bully dog power pup programmer model number 43590 for $200.... It goes for $450 new. I've always wanted one and i am wondering if it is a good buy. What are some things I should look for so I know I'm not buying a band one or something. 06 silverado 1500 5.3L
    what features do the power pup offer for the non deisel trucks

Jr. Mechanic

I actually just bought it, it has different power settings, shift points, shirt firmness, tire size, speed imitator, and some more... I only increased my truck one setting higher then stock, and what a big difference. Shift nice and hard, alot more get up and go to it, quicker off the start, no lag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo3 View Post
    I actually just bought it, it has different power settings, shift points, shirt firmness, tire size, speed imitator, and some more... I only increased my truck one setting higher then stock, and what a big difference. Shift nice and hard, alot more get up and go to it, quicker off the start, no lag
    thats, sick and its all just plug and play. Did it help you get more mpg, like the bully dog's do for the diesel.

Jr. Mechanic

I guess you can call it a plug and play... You need to remove some fuses first before you plug it in, and after you are do programming the truck, you put the fuses back in.. Ive been doing more highway driving this week because of work, so my mpg is going up, but not sure if that's because of the highway driving for the programmer

Jr. Mechanic

What settings are you running on your bully dog power pup and what are the results? I'm trying to figure out the best combination