GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

My best moving violation was on my Suzuki GSX1100R doing 65 in a 40 down the wrong side of a divided blvd in a rural area on the sidewalk during rush hour traffic.
    I was 19 at the time and in the Navy so I knew my world was about to crash around me when I got pulled over by 6 Ca. Highway patrol officers.
    As they were putting me in the back of the cruiser a drunk came speeding by and hit the side of all 6 CHP cruisers, the first five jumped in their cruisers and started pursuit, the Officer left to deal with me took off the cuffs and said screw it I'm not missing out on a high speed chase your on your own kid I gotta go, then he yelled "we were only gonna scare ya, since you were in the Navy we were gonna give ya a speeding ticket for 20 over and let ya go but you just got lucky on that too, have a nice day".

Blog Entries

I was pulled over by a bicycle cop about two years ago. No, not a motorcycle cop, a BICYCLE cop. Apparently I ran a stop sign and almost hit him. I was let off though.

I should clarify that by pulled over, I mean I was stopped at a stop light, and he came peddling up as fast as he could, slammed his fists around his brakes as hard as he could and probably about broke my window with his hand trying to get my attention.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

On my gixxser first was a warning 10 over or somthing then 28 min. later reckless driving 70 in a 30 passing on a solid double yellow. this started at the bottom of yarnell hill in az. and finished in the switch backs on the way to prescott north of yarnell. asked for a pretrial connfrence and lied through my teeth got it down to a civil went to driving school SCORE ONE for the little guy

99 tahoe 2 dr. 4x4 7.4 4L80-e NP246, SAS, dana 60 hp, sterling 10.5 rear, gibson headers, and alot of tricks of the trade !!!!!!IF YOU'RE NOT CHEATING YOUR NOT TRYING!!!!!!!!

Legend
    Blog Entries

MIne was pretty lame but i still crapped my pants.. I was 17, and it was April fools day, and i had just gotten done on the phone with the Army Recruiter. One of the questions he asked was if i had any moving violations.. I had told him no.. I went to town to see some friends and i was doing 74mph (that is what the cop got me at anyhow) in a 50 on a rural road.. I crossed the county line and he was coming at me local sheriffs deputy.. He clocked me in the brand new at the time impala which the little old lady just down the road also owned.. I thought it was her as i flew by him and waved as i passed.. I had a huge smile on my face till he whiped it around and i saw blue and red... That is fastest i had ever hidden a smoke.. I luckly got off with a 69 in a 50 since here in MN when you are under 18 and you get a ticket for 20 or more over you loose your license till you are 18...
    And two weeks later i signed up for the Army. I kinda took the luck of it all as a sign... HAHA
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

mine was when i was 18 fresh from Basic training on my Kawasaki, 135 in a 70 coming home from a friends in Fargo no motorcycle endorcment bike inpounded sat in county jail for the weekend was not a cheep experience
    Last edited by Z71_guy; 06-15-2010 at 09:30 PM.

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

my worst was when i was 19, i went tailgating at a LSU game and drank a good bit. i was on the way home and decided to take the levy home since i figured it was safer and more fun. i was doing 75 on the top of the levy on a private road when the cop on the bottom seen me and my friend with me dared me to go to donuts so i went off the side and wrapped a few and was on my way back up when i see a sheriff with his lights on
    1.under age DUI
    2.wreckless operation
    3.speeding 76 in a 20 on a private road
    4.distruction of government property
    5.minor in posesion
    6.illigal window tint
    7.illigal exhaust

made me pour all my beer out which was a case and a half so i was kinda mad and told me to call my parents to come get me, like a 45 min drive from my house

he was gunna take me in because he was screaming and ripping me a new one and decided to let me go when he asked for my lisense insurance and registration and i also handed him my military ID
    i got so lucky
    2001 2500HD 4x4
    6.0 vortec
    spectra COI, poweraid throttle body spacer, true dual 3in straight exhaust, MSD 9.5mm wire, hypertech max energy
    lift keys and add a leafs
    18" eagle alloys wrapped in 33x13.50 baja claws
    8000k HID
    plus quite a few other mods

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooterusmc View Post
    my worst was when i was 19, i went tailgating at a LSU game and drank a good bit. i was on the way home and decided to take the levy home since i figured it was safer and more fun. i was doing 75 on the top of the levy on a private road when the cop on the bottom seen me and my friend with me dared me to go to donuts so i went off the side and wrapped a few and was on my way back up when i see a sheriff with his lights on
    1.under age DUI
    2.wreckless operation
    3.speeding 76 in a 20 on a private road
    4.distruction of government property
    5.minor in posesion
    6.illigal window tint
    7.illigal exhaust

made me pour all my beer out which was a case and a half so i was kinda mad and told me to call my parents to come get me, like a 45 min drive from my house

he was gunna take me in because he was screaming and ripping me a new one and decided to let me go when he asked for my lisense insurance and registration and i also handed him my military ID
    i got so lucky
    LSU claimed another victim, right?
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Mine was simple, I got what the cop called "illegal abuse of power and speed" if there is such a thing - but it sounded pretty coll so I have remembered it. I dropped my girl off at her HS (yeah I was 17 and we went to rival schools). She wanted me to do a burn out, no prob. I did a good break stand, burn out and about 55 in 25 when the cop caught me. He wrote me up for all of that, drivers license not in posession (I didn't have it in my wallet) and something else that I can't remember. I had to go to the juvenial comissioner (friend of the family) and all charges were dropped after I showed her I did indeed have a license. Then she told me to slow down. But man that cop was mean. I've had cops in my home town drag race me, against their squad car.
    Trevor - Huntington Beach, CA
    2007 GMC 2500 4X4

About two months ago my best friend, his girlfriend and her friend and I were drivin around the IA fairgrounds, i lived across the street, i went up into the Campground was was drifting around on the gravel, some loser called me in and a cop caught me driftin' around a corner and flashed his lights at me and i slammed on the brakes, turn my car off, took my seatbelt off(stupid idea), and waited for him to waddle up to me. He saw that I didnt have a seat belt on and started screaming at me how i was being stupid about not wear my seatbelt which i kept telling him that i just took it off but he didnt believe me because i am a "stupid teenager". Anyways after he cooled down a little he asked me for me licence, registration, and insurance. i couldnt find my reg. somewher in the back of my wedged between my subbox. I tried actin scared ****less(it worked). He said "You know I could write you up for Trespassing, Wreckless Driving, Wreckless Endangerment, Excessive display of power; I about burst out laughing, my camaro only has 170hp, and impound my car. He asked me what I think he should do, I said, do whatever you think is nessesary. Then hes like since you have a clean record and have been cooprative, ill let all of this go if I call you parent and ban you and your friends from the grounds for a year. I asked can you just ban me they didnt really have a choice since i was driving so he let them go and just banned me. That got me some Brownie Points from my best friends GF's friend ;)

Three years ago in september I got a D.U.I, talkin about screwin up big time, spent a night in jail, lost my license for a year and when it was all said and done i spent a few dollars shy of 6000 bucks dumbest and most expensive thing ive ever done. What pisses me off the most about this is the cop pulled me over cause my "headlights are to bright" . Yea dont drink and drive it'll cost ya