GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

My best was when I was 16. I had an old body style 99 C2500 w/ the 350 and auto tranny in it. The motor had blown about 3 months before this happened (yes I drove 3 months with a blown motor, damn Chevy made a tough motor!!!) and was coming home from dropping my ex-girlfriend off at her house after she dumped me (she was psycho, and I was glad it was over). I had a bad running truck and was trying to get home before it ran out of coolant. I crested a hill doing 80 according to my speedometer, and was greeted by the lights of oncoming traffic. I looked in my mirror in time to see the car hit the brake lights and start to spin around. I was already pulled over on the side of the road before he had his lights on. Turns out he was a DPS officer who's shift was apparently close to over, and he asked me if I was going a little bit fast, to which I answered "Yes sir, I was." "I clocked you at 72 miles per hour." "Yes sir." Then I gave him my license and insurance. He came back and had a warning for me to sign, and told me to get the truck home, and then get it fixed so that it wouldn't leave me stranded! My truck got me out of a ticket!!
    That didn't change the fact that i hated that truck, but that was interesting that he didn't give me a ticket because he felt sorry for me!
    1999 Chevy K3500 CC LWB
    Vortec 454, 4L80E, 4x4 - Like a Rock!!

1987 GMC R1500 Sierra Classic
    350 TBI, 700R4, 2WD - my project

Mine was when I was 17. It was less then a month after Katrina and me and my friend decided to race down a 4 lane road since we figured cops were busy else where. I was in my brother's old 95 C1500, my friend was in his 92 Eclipse. My friend slammed on the brakes and I swerved to avoid hitting him. Next thing I know an undercover pulled my over. He came running up to my truck and started yelling at me. He even told me I was an "Assclown". He took a look at my license, saw my last name and asked if I was such and such's son, I said yes. (My dad has been teaching in the same town for 33 years, he's taught a lot of the SD's and PO's.) He then asked if such and such was my brother(my oldest brother was a reservist with the SO at the time), and I said yes. He said "stop acting like an assclown or I'll tell your daddy," and drove away. I was so freaking relieved he let me off. Another point in time another cop said he would let me go with 60 in a 45 if my dad would give him some sausage(My dad run's the meat center at the local high school.)
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123