GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Arrow Pontiac Montana Upgrade Wiper Blades Rear & Front

There is an upgraded rear wiper for Pontiac Montanas available. Actually, itís excellent all the way around - rear and front. If you want to upgrade to the newer-style, one-piece, frameless (whatever you want to call them) wiper blades, I recommend taking a look at the "Trico NeoForm Beam Blades". They come in all the required sizes for the 1999-2009 Pontiac Montanas.

If you haven't tried the new-style wipers, they can make an older vehicle a little more enjoyable to drive. Getting rid of the fragile frames makes all the difference in durability and performance. For the rear, they're not so curved and stiff that they lose contact with the glass like some others - they are actually quite flexible. They also look great and the price has come down on them. Wipe clean and super quiet. Major improvement in the winter - they don't clog with ice and snow. You can get them online. Hope this helps others...

Product Info: https://www.wipers123.com/NeoForm.php
    First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Topic...Love The Show
    :lol:

Thanks for the info,i purchased new blades from Canadian tire and all 3 do not contact the windshield because they are curved too much.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Question yeah, the frameless beam wipers are all created equal...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    Thanks for the info,i purchased new blades from Canadian tire and all 3 do not contact the windshield because they are curved too much.
    What brand? I've heard of problems with rainx being too stiff but I'm wondering what brand you bought?

I'm pretty sure they were rainx blades.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Legend
    Blog Entries

I buy the fairly cheap blades for all of my cars since here in the cold and salt covered roads i go thru two to three sets a year no matter the brand and type... Just a heads up to those who live in the cold that the expensive blades arent always the best cost and use wise...
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    I buy the fairly cheap blades for all of my cars since here in the cold and salt covered roads i go thru two to three sets a year no matter the brand and type... Just a heads up to those who live in the cold that the expensive blades arent always the best cost and use wise...
    I've learned that lesson living in Winnipeg.My factory blades on the truck are still good though,which surprises me as they have been through a winter and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    I'm pretty sure they were rainx blades.
    That's what I figured. There are a ton of frameless, boneless, beam wiper blades out there but they are definitely not all the same. As mentioned above, the neoforms work the best for me and make perfect contact - not too stiff at all.

Just a heads up to those who live in the cold that the expensive blades arent always the best cost and use wise...
    I would beg to differ on this. The beam blades collect a lot less ice and when/if they do, the ice cleans off considerably easier...on snap and it all breaks off. They also don't make as much noise (although when it gets to zero, they all squeak for a while). Anyway, I drive from Wisconsin to UP Michigan multiple times a winter and serously guys...they're worth the few extra dollars. Are the big bucks for PIAA's or Icons worth it??? - Probably not...but the neoforms are reasonably priced and worth the extra cash to me.

Is it snowmobile season yet??? LOL

Legend
    Blog Entries

Oh i was talking about neoforms etc.. i run even cheaper blades with out a problem, and that is with the minus 30 weather. I dont like a rubber flex frame i prefer the old metal frame spring style of blade. they break the ice off easy, and also hold up longer... But that is just how i do it. But I REFUSE to spend $12 (ive seen them cost as much as $20) a blade when they last less than three months before they are smearing the windshield just as bad as the $6 a pair that i bought at the same time.. And even at $6 apiece that is still spendy when it comes to blades. in my opinion.

AND COME ON UP TO NORTHERN MN WE HAVE BEEN RIDDING FOR A WEEK OR TWO NOW!!!!!!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Oh i was talking about neoforms etc.. i run even cheaper blades with out a problem, and that is with the minus 30 weather. I dont like a rubber flex frame i prefer the old metal frame spring style of blade. they break the ice off easy, and also hold up longer... But that is just how i do it. But I REFUSE to spend $12 (ive seen them cost as much as $20) a blade when they last less than three months before they are smearing the windshield just as bad as the $6 a pair that i bought at the same time.. And even at $6 apiece that is still spendy when it comes to blades. in my opinion.

AND COME ON UP TO NORTHERN MN WE HAVE BEEN RIDDING FOR A WEEK OR TWO NOW!!!!!!
    Weird - I have the exact opposite experience. The frameless clean off extremely easy when they ice up. The framed literally get iceburgs frozen within the framing. Maybe we experience more thawing that leads to more slush and water which later leads to more freezing? One snowmobile season I cheaped out and put a frameless on my drivers side and left the framed on the passenger side. This is when I formed my opinion - it was night and day difference. So...I guess we'll agree to disagree!! LOL

Our first trip to Houghton/Hancock is Dec. 29th.