GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New Door Handles....

Got the truck back from the dealer today... had them order the door handles painted to match the truck.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Jr. Apprentice

Looks really clean!! What did the dealership charge you?? I have chrome handles on my 2010 Silverado, but I want too get Black ones to match the paint. The dealership here in Calif wants almost $500 installed

Quote Originally Posted by ak47 View Post
    Looks really clean!! What did the dealership charge you?? I have chrome handles on my 2010 Silverado, but I want too get Black ones to match the paint. The dealership here in Calif wants almost $500 installed

The handles were aroumd 45.00 each (flat black rady to paint) plus 100.00 to paint. Labor to install was another 100.00.....So around 380.00.

These are old part numbers but you may need to call your dealer to get the new part numbers from GM. I got the corrrected part numbers for the first handle but he coulndt find the last 3...he tried calling GM but they were closed already.

15915130 RFDRHNDL >> Black painted drvr front w/key ---- 25890236 new part number
    15915129 LFDRHNDL >> Black painted pass front w/o key
    15915140 RRDRHNDL >> Black painted drvr rear w/o key
    15915139 LRDRHNDL >> Black painted pass rear w/o key

The first handle online is like 35 bucks...hope that helps you.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Legend
    Blog Entries

Looks nice why GM doesnt do that out the door we will never know. Oh thats right they cost .5cents each and the sell them for $45...Profit...
    Still looks great that was something i wanted to do when i had my 06 but it went away when the wife decided she wanted a car.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Jr. Mechanic

I was thinking about getting mine done on my 06 silverado... Turned out awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Looks nice why GM doesnt do that out the door we will never know. Oh thats right they cost .5cents each and the sell them for $45...Profit...
    Still looks great that was something i wanted to do when i had my 06 but it went away when the wife decided she wanted a car.
    GM actually has the door handles prepainted to match my truck and most other colors....the problem is tracking down the part number to order them prepainted to match your paint code.

I had ordered the ready to be painted handles and took them to the body shop at the dealer to be painted. One of the reps at the body shopy told me he could have given me the part numbers for the painted handles!

So when it comes to getting painted parts to match your truck you may want to check with your dealers body shop to see what they can do for you.

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I just ordered dor handles for mine. the bucket comes white and the handle part is chrome. it came in a set with driver and passenger door and the tailgate in all white. it was $140 shipped from

'04 Chevy 1500 Ext. Cab 4x4
    265/75-16 Sport King A/T

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

I love my painted handles... It's something subtle that makes a world of difference...

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...