GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Guys, trouble has returned and is getting worse. Since this ordeal started I cleaned the MAF, the IACV, and the EGR valve (not to mention a new MAP sensor a few weeks before because I broke the old one off while doing intake gaskets). For a while that seemed to have solved the problem. But on the way back from about a 1,000 mile drive (in one day), the CEL came back on and it was starting to run a little rough again. Took it back to the parts store and it gave the same codes, MAF and MAP. Cleaned the MAF, EGR, and IACV again, but no joy. Then I replaced the IACV, which didn't fix the problem. After that I grabbed another MAF from a local parts yard. The CEL went off a few miles after I installed that and life was good again for a short while. Then it came back. It's like something is sticking and every so often will start working again for a little while because the CEL will go off and it will run great for a while, then it starts acting up again. I used a metal plate to block off the EGR port to see if maybe the EGR valve was causing the problem. It seemed to help for a few miles, but then it went right back to it. I've taken the block back off of the EGR port and pulled the IACV and everything looks ok. Here's a little video below of how it's acting. I really need some help here guys.

Thanks

This wound up being the MAP sensor that I had just replaced. Chinese POS crapped out within just a few weeks of installing it. I had done some reading up on the topic and found that if the MAP sensor is bad that you can unplug it and it may run better. That was exactly what it did in this case. I also did some testing with the multimeter to verify it was bad. Stuck another MAP sensor in it and she ran like a top.

Glad to here it wasn't anything major. I've also learned my lesson about that cheap chinese junk.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12