GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Cat back

Default Cat back

New to this forum I hope someone can send me in the right direction. I just purchase a GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 eng. Extended cab long bed. I have been looking on line for a cat back exhaust system for said truck with no luck. I know the the extended cab long bed is not that popular it took some time to find one but that's what I wanted. Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks Fred

To the Site....Fred.......what Year is your GMC Sierra??

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by freds409 View Post
    Sorry about that it's a 2011
    No worries.....below is a link to Summit Racing and I enter the information on your.....2011....GMC....Sierra....Ext. Cab......Long bed....with a 5.3 liter, below is what Summit shows for your Truck,

Link to Summit,
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FL...ed+Length|Long
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 06-05-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Welcome to the club, Fred. If I remmember right there was a member a few weeks ago with the same truck and he also could not find a exhaust kit for his truck. I believe he ended up having one made with a performance muffler at a local muffler shop.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Thats great info Mike. Hope the guy that was looking for one didn't get his yet and see's your info.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Mike your the man!!! I spent a couple hours looking on line. Summit shows a Flow Master system. I did go to the Flow Master web site earlier and came up with nothing avaible for my truck.
    Looks like a great price to.
    Thanks for your help. Fred

Quote Originally Posted by freds409 View Post
    Mike your the man!!! I spent a couple hours looking on line. Summit shows a Flow Master system. I did go to the Flow Master web site earlier and came up with nothing avaible for my truck.
    Looks like a great price to.
    Thanks for your help. Fred
    Glad to help.....

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Welcome to the club, Fred. If I remmember right there was a member a few weeks ago with the same truck and he also could not find a exhaust kit for his truck. I believe he ended up having one made with a performance muffler at a local muffler shop.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Thats great info Mike. Hope the guy that was looking for one didn't get his yet and see's your info.
    silverdotrailblazer,
    I was thinking that would be the way I would have to go with a custom exhaust. About 20+ years ago I had a custom exhaust made for a Pontiac Le Mans that I was cloning into a GTO . It cost a ton back then. I don't even what to think what it would cost now.
    Thank Fred