GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default my truck is up for sale

so yeah, I really have gone to the point where my truck's problems are causing raised stress levels and raised heart rate, which my doctor says is bad for my heart condition. he said the best thing to do is get rid of the stresses. so that's what I'm going to do.

my truck is officially up for sale, I'm not advertising it, I'm just sharing the news. i went to the dealer to get an appraisal and he asked me what I'm expecting. i said "$35,000". i don't think the man's ever laughed harder in his life. he replied "knock 10k off and you're right on" I'm outraged that a truck i paid a lot of money for is only worth 25-frickin grand. almost half of the value in a year. i settled for $27,500 on Kijiji. the ad will likely collect dust, but it's a try. when i sell it, I don't know what I'm going to get next. but whatever i get, I'm still gonna be a member on this forum to help people out with stuff and share stories with you.

just lettin' you guys know.

2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Z71 **SOLD**
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost crew cab **SOLD**
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L crew cab

Good on you for finally making a move to get rid of that thing. I really haven't seen any truck have as many problems as that one, new or old. I'm sure you would have better luck with another GM, but right now I would say that whatever you end up with, a new full size truck of any brand would be a good choice.'

Good luck - just make sure whoever sees it on kijiji doesn't find this site.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Legend
    Blog Entries

Good luck selling it..
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Good luck selling it..
    do you mean that in a sarcastic or actually hopeful manner? i dunno, I'm not sure that i could get $27,500 for it, but it's a shot. there has been a black 09 LT with 14,500 kilometers on it (just a 4x4, not a Z71) for $28,000 that's been on there for a very long time so there's at least competition against other ads.

i agree that all 3 full sizes are better than ever, badge really doesn't mean anything anymore. Fords are all over the place here. my uncle just bought a new FX4 and my other uncle has had one for a year now and has put 42,000 kilometers on it and it has been completely flawless. i don't know. i might get another GM, but chances are slim.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Oh no i meant it in a good way. I just know how the market is up there. It sucks down here. I am actually picking up a 2000 Chevy S-10 blazer 4X4 with a new tranny and papers to prove it with 157K miles for $1500 because the dealer doesnt want to spend the money on a new Drivers side wheel hub for the ABS to work. And this truck is clean! So that is why i said the good luck part.
    And the only fullsize that really isnt holding up is the Dodge. They are still plauged with problems. and Chrysler doesnt seem to care (i know a few people with them and the reason we got ride of my wifes Dodge Journey). The Ford is a great truck along with Gm.. But i did the same thing you did and got a ford because my chevy spent more time at the dealer than it did in my hands. Yes i do own chevy trucks, and Yes they are good trucks, but i have said it before that i will never own anything 2003 and newer ever again for a GM truck. But handy that i wont own a ford truck that is older than a 2005.. Sooo....

Blog Entries

So, did you buy it brand new? That would explain the sharp drop in price. All you're doing when you buy new is throwing 8% right out the window. Good luck on the sell. not being sarcastic.
    This post has been rated MA LSV, and is intended for mature audiences. Reader discretion is advised. :fighting0037:
    ghst-_-R3CON83 ----------BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2----------------------

(This site won't let me add a real stat generator to my signature)

I never buy new. I like them used and abused.
    2000 Silverado 5.3L Z71 4x4: K&N air filter, Procomp 16x8 rims, 285/70R16 Toyo AT2s, Kenwood head unit, Alpine 500.1 amp, 12" kicker, Infinity 5.25" speakers, Bilstein HD shocks, EBC GD Sport dimple & slotted front rotors w. EBC green stuff pads, Brembo slotted rear rotors & HIDs.