GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Gas Mileage

Default Gas Mileage

I looked through these forums and was surprised not to find a bunch of threads on mileage, especially with gas prices as they are ($3.35 is average around here for 87)...

I'm curious to know what other TB owners get. I've got a stock 2003 LS 4.2L with 4WD and just under 70k miles. It's been well maintained, runs well and has only had a couple of issues. I'm averaging around 15 mpg city and 19 hwy (if I'm lucky). I'm not a total leadfoot and rarely floor it. Most of the time is cruising. My daily commute is relatively flat and I don't run the AC very often.

I noticed some posts that refer to 20+ mpg. I'd like to know how that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tofus View Post
    I looked through these forums and was surprised not to find a bunch of threads on mileage, especially with gas prices as they are ($3.35 is average around here for 87)...

I'm curious to know what other TB owners get. I've got a stock 2003 LS 4.2L with 4WD and just under 70k miles. It's been well maintained, runs well and has only had a couple of issues. I'm averaging around 15 mpg city and 19 hwy (if I'm lucky). I'm not a total leadfoot and rarely floor it. Most of the time is cruising. My daily commute is relatively flat and I don't run the AC very often.

I noticed some posts that refer to 20+ mpg. I'd like to know how that's possible.
    My 2003 TB floats around 15 to 20mpg, I don't commute in it so myself. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I had a Pontiac Vibe before TB and it was dirt cheap to drive.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Legend

Just curious where you live/drive? I presume the California side of the country, but I could be wrong.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Cool TB Mileage

I often wonder why people buy a truck and then wine about the mileage. What you are getting for mileage sounds about right to me, but then I donít own a Trail Blazer.

I'm not a total leadfoot and rarely floor it. Most of the time is cruising. My daily commute is relatively flat and I don't run the AC very often.

You want to know how to maximize your gas mileage?

You are not a total lead foot makes me think that you do at times get on it,

WELL DONíT GET ON IT, AT ALL !

Drive it like you have a rotten egg on the gas pedal, and I mean one that has been sitting outside in the Calyfornia heat for about a week.

You canít expect maxamum mileage if you sometimes get on it. I know sometimes in order to merge on the highway it is absolutely necessary and can understand it. But then your mileage is going to show that.
    Last edited by 84fiero123; 04-09-2007 at 06:39 PM. Reason: to tone it down

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesnít.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.