GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Any Ideas...?

Default Any Ideas...?

I have a 1998 Z71 K1500 and I was wondering what I could do to make it look cool. Like what cheap modifications I could do to make it look not so stock, but not completely decked out. If you want pictures, I can supply them. There is one on my signature and I have a few in my album. I just want emphasis on the "cheap" part. I don't want to go completely over the top, but I want something that could keep my busy for a little bit and would make it look relatively good.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

get clear turn signals and black out or paint match your bowtie, debadge and demold the truck and if your not using the license plate bracket I would personally take it off, good luck with all your future mods and keep us updated with pics!
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

I was thinking maybe doing this?

I don't know how it would look in my truck. But I will definitely remove my front license plate bracket, never going to use it, but I will keep it just for safe keeping :P I was also thinking of getting some cabin lights, maybe smoked with amber bulbs? My friend has them on his truck and they look great, but it's a totally different truck. Thanks for your quick response,
    Ryan

I thought about doing the cabin lights aswell...seeing as I have around 300 LEDs laying around, but that project got killed now that my headliner is starting to come unglued, in a reg cab I would do one large bowtie centered in the middle of the roof, but thats just me, could be quite scary cutting holes in the headliner, just make sure you have all you holes marked out so you know its strait, and is that killbuckets truck?

Yes sir it is haha. I've been looking around the forum for things that I have wanted to do to my truck and thought it was a pretty awesome mod. I was just looking around and saw that. I just wanted something that might keep me busy for a while. Keep me out of trouble for a few days at least... haha. Thanks for your ideas man! I will definitely take you up on some of your ideas, and once the time is right, I will get up and take pictures, but were supposed to get lots and lots of rain here :(

lol thought I saw that from somewhere, good luck with your projects looking forward to pics.. I'm putting a sunroof in mine later this year before I get some new paint...should be a fun little task

Oh! Definitely looking forward to seeing some pics of that! I want to put a sliding glass window in the back of mine, but I don't think thats in the books right now :( I will be happy with what I got though