GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 96 Chevy 5.7 wont start, no spark, everything new! lol

Replaced: Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Crankshaft Position Sensor, Ignition coil and Module, Hall sensor (pick up coil under rotor), (4) o2 sensors, Fuel Filter

1996 c3500 No Spark, Wont Start chevy 5.7r 4x2 4l80 Trans 266K Miles Was running very rough but not stalling, gradually got worse and would begin to have problems accelerating and surge when you apply gas at times. I changed cap/rotor/plugs/fuel filter and it ran a lot stronger but still with a miss and surge. I changed all 4 oxygen sensors with AC Delco Parts. Started right up ran smooth, I hit the gas a couple times and it sounded worse than ever, then stalled. I started it again with difficulty and it did not run right but would barely idle, after about a min it cut out and wouldnt restart. It would crank over then sound like it was kicking back that created a nasty grinding sound...sounded like the flywheel/starter etc...I think the battery was a bit low at the time too. Due to the mileage I put a new Crankshaft Pos Sensor, Ignition Coil, and now ignition Module, and igntion hall sensor(pick up coil). No check engine light or codes. The Dist. is spinning while starting please help

Optional Information:
    Year : 1996
    Make : Chevrolet
    Make (other) : C3500 4x2 PIckup with AC
    Model : Cheyanne
    Engine : 5.7 liter 350ci

Already Tried:
    Replaced: Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Crankshaft Position Sensor, Ignition coil and Module, Hall sensor (pick up coil under rotor), (4) o2 sensors, Fuel Filter

1996 c3500 No Spark, Wont Start chevy 5.7r 4x2 4l80 Trans 266K Miles Was running very rough but not stalling, gradually got worse and would begin to have problems accelerating and surge when you apply gas at times. I changed cap/rotor/plugs/fuel filter and it ran a lot stronger but still with a miss and surge. I changed all 4 oxygen sensors with AC Delco Parts. Started right up ran smooth, I hit the gas a couple times and it sounded worse than ever, then stalled. I started it again with difficulty and it did not run right but would barely idle, after about a min it cut out and wouldnt restart. It would crank over then sound like it was kicking back that created a nasty grinding sound...sounded like the flywheel/starter etc...I think the battery was a bit low at the time too. Due to the mileage I put a new Crankshaft Pos Sensor, Ignition Coil, and now ignition Module, and igntion hall sensor(pick up coil). No check engine light or codes. The Dist. is spinning while starting please help

Optional Information:

Already Tried:

Optional Information:

Already Tried:

check the cats...
    Still Loyal to GM after all these years...:shocked:
    2006 Impala LT 3.5L
    2005 Silverado WT small cab/longbed 4x4 4.3L V6
    1999 Grand Am 3.4L in TX w/ our youngest
    1993 GMC Jimmy 4.3L 4 door 4x4 'Ole Rusty' - 'SOLD'
    1988 S-10 small cab/longbed HT3.4L Crate Engine
    1970 Nova 250 I-6, factory 3 sp floor shifter.
    1968 Chevelle 'Nomad' Wagon 250 I-6 w/ 3 on da' tree.

I don't see it mentioned, so the next thing I'd probably do would be to put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see what fuel delivery is doing.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Legend

*Threads Merged*

Please do not double or triple post in different parts of the forum. Multiple postings of the same content do not ensure a helpful answer.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island