GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

That's not the worst of it, but it is definitely worth it. I wouldn't trade the car seat for any mod out there!

Al

This is our first and I know there will be a huge learning curve, but we are up for the challenge and cant wait to meet the little guy.

Al, do you have enough room in the sierra for a little one and all the stuff??

________2013 4C Rated__________

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I would not have thought about the used market for the factory mirrors. Thanks for the heads up!!
    The tow mirrors may be tricky to find used, as many people upgrade to them from the standard factory. I did not see any tow mirrors while I was looking on craigslist, but you may get lucky and find that a salvage yard is advertising a good set. At a minimum though, you will at least be able to see how much your current mirrors are selling for locally, so that when you sell yours, you can make some $$ back after you purchase you tow mirrors.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Sounds like a pretty great plan Mike! Even if I can get $50 or $75 for them.

Legend

Blog Entries

Oops...I misread your post...you weren't thinking about getting the tow mirrors used, sorry.

Anyway, yep...every little bit helps. I am planning putting my one good mirror out on craigslist soon...I'll probably put the other one up as well because I did see a couple people looking for the glass, but you know me, I am an expert in procrastination due to my many years of practice.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 11-19-2010 at 03:13 PM.

Love the mirrors!Thanks for the pics.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

So Mike, you have to take the whole mirror back off, then there's a panel that covers the spring, right?

I bragged about mine not vibrating so of course they're bad now!

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    I tightend up the springs even more and have most of the shake out except at high speeds, but even then it is not bad at all. I am going to stick some weather stripping behind the mirror to see if I can get the remaining shake out. Overall, I am very happy with the mirrors and definitley think they are worth the money. Besides the additional features like the heater and turn signal, I love wider field of view and the lower convex portion that covers the blind spots and really helps when backing. Just know that if you do get the mirrors and they end up having some shake, that it is very easy to get most of to shake to stop (it took me longer to research than to work on the mirrors themselves, which was about 10 minutes).

Legend

Blog Entries

No..you don't have to take the mirror off. It's easier to leave the mirror mounted. The spring is housed in the outside portion of where the 2 extensions that support the mirror stem from. It's opposite the triangle shaped portion that's on the inside that houses the 3 mounting studs. The cover pops off pretty easily. Just take a flat tip screwdriver and slide in the slit where the plastic pieces meet. I inserted in the underside portion just in case I slipped. Let me know if you are having any trouble locating and I can go snap some pics. I also have pics of the spring itself from when I tightned my mirror up if you need as well. Lastly, I pasted the instructions below that I used, as they were easy to follow.

If your mirrors are vibrating, remove the plastic cover over the hinge, remove the four screws that hold the hinge cover plate in place, remove the spring and insert approximately 1/8" stack of washers under the spring seat and reassemble. This increases the spring pressure against the arm detent and stops the vibration. BTW, if you purchase the correct ones for your model year they are a direct plug in. Been there, done that!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567