GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Updates on my 05 Silverado

It has been quite awhile since I've been on here because I've been so busy with school but it's finally summer! I've had several updates since the last time i made a post. Since then I've added tow mirrors, a Cherry bomb extreme muffler dumped before the axle, a PA system, LED tails, high-6 mod, disabled auto headlights, and painted interior pieces. Oh, and there was also one other thing that I wish was not added but was added against my will . Enjoy the pictures!

And of course the unwanted addition...eggs. Someone egged my truck two nights in a row. They left some ugly scratches and the egg whites left some stains in the paint. It is going to be around $1000 to fix. I can't believe people get joy out of ruining my truck when it is obvious I take good care of it. I'm 17 years old it's not like i have $1000 just laying around...I can't believe how stupid people are.

Michael, 17, CA

2005 Silverado - See my garage for my mod list
    :great:

Your truck looks really good,i like all the upgrades.I feel bad for you about the egg incident.I've had this done to my car before and it sucks.Some people are idiots.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

I lived in an apartment complex and they nailed the car next to me and some splattered on my truck. I was pissed. The other car was a POS and they left it on there for weeks until the rain finally got rid of it. I had about 20 little circles. I claybared it and waxed. I could always see them.

That sucks for sure on your truck!!!
    2010 Silverado LT 1500 Extended Cab Z71 4x4
    Summit White
    Cashmere Leather interior
    Line-X Bedliner
    Bushwacker Bed Rails

your trucks extremely good, yeah my moms tahoe got egged and paint got all screwed up, but you running hid headlights?
    2006 Silverado
    Exterior:
    2" Level
    275/70/17 Wrangler AT/S
    17" ATX Thugs

Interior:
    Pioneer FH-P8000BT
    Alpine - 6-1/2 Type R Speakers
    Rockford Fosgate - Punch 12" P3S Sub
    Rockford Fosgate - Punch 750W Class BD AMP

Master Mechanic

truck looks great!! i can't stand stupid people that cause damage to someones vehicle because its nicer then theirs..........good luck with the repairs

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Thanks for the compliments. And yes i'm running 35 watt 8000k hid's in my headlights and fogs.

Blog Entries

Very nice truck. I hope mine has most of the mods by the time I'm done with it. Really sucks about the egging, but it seems like whoever is going to do the work for you is charging you an arm and a leg. What exactly did they say they had to do?
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Looks very good. Did you level your tow mirrors? Did you put hids in your high beams?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    Very nice truck. I hope mine has most of the mods by the time I'm done with it. Really sucks about the egging, but it seems like whoever is going to do the work for you is charging you an arm and a leg. What exactly did they say they had to do?
    Thank you. Well there was actually two eggs. The one pictured was on the drivers side front door and the one that wasn't hit right between the rear of the cab and the front of the bed on the drivers side. So the shop said I needed to have the door painted and the front fender blended, rear corner of the cab painted and the bedside painted.

Quote Originally Posted by ZSI52 View Post
    Looks very good. Did you level your tow mirrors? Did you put hids in your high beams?
    Thanks. No I didn't level the tows, I actually like the way they angle upwards. And not yet but it's in the plans, gonna go with 55 watt 5000k so I'll have tons of light, especially with the high-6 mod

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by