GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Default Reverse Light replacement

    Since this is the first GM truck I've owned, i need to replace a reverse light on the passenger side.. I hate to sound "stupid", but I haven't a clue how to remove the tail light assembly to get to the bulb. I have a Chevy bed liner in the truck, and all I can see when I pull it back are 2 screws on the side near the tail-gate...

    I looked through the forum and (hopefully I'm overlooking it), but haven't found anywhere that it tells me how to change it - which I'm assuming you remove the entire housing to get to the bulb..

    Thanks!!

  2. #2
    Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tunkhannock, PA (North East)
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Those two screws are it... Unscrew them and your tail light should swing out like a door... There are 2 tabs that slide into the bed side opposite the screws...

    Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

    2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

    Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

    Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    Those two screws are it... Unscrew them and your tail light should swing out like a door... There are 2 tabs that slide into the bed side opposite the screws...
    i dont see the tabs unless they are hidden behind that tail-light assembly... nothing is behind the bedliner just looked.... so i'll go to an advanced or autozone store and grab a light bulb then remove those two screws and see what i find from there - then let you know... thnx!!

  4. #4
    Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tunkhannock, PA (North East)
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lakechevy1 View Post
    i dont see the tabs unless they are hidden behind that tail-light assembly... nothing is behind the bedliner just looked.... so i'll go to an advanced or autozone store and grab a light bulb then remove those two screws and see what i find from there - then let you know... thnx!!
    Yes, the tabs are on the back side of the tail light...

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    Yes, the tabs are on the back side of the tail light...
    I found them - thanks again!!

    Got the light replaced and see that now its almost "simple" to replace any of the bulbs in these trucks...

Similar Threads

  1. 2003 silverado dash light replacement
    By jim sehl in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last: 05-25-2010, 08:28 PM
  2. reverse light circuit
    By agerangere5 in forum GM Electrical Tech
    Replies: 4
    Last: 04-18-2010, 03:48 PM
  3. Third light replacement
    By coombia21 in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last: 09-15-2009, 08:13 PM
  4. No Reverse after tow
    By douglange in forum GM Powertrain
    Replies: 7
    Last: 05-10-2009, 09:20 AM
  5. Factory Fog Light Replacement on '01 Suburban
    By alp2001 in forum Audio, Video & Gadget Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last: 02-19-2008, 03:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •