GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Exhaust (Corsa) for 2005 Suburban Z71 thoughts? (Lots of Miles Driven per week)

Just signed up and was doing some searching but didn't seem to come up with an answer doing a threat title search. If I missed a discussion on this please except my apologies.

Have had a 2005 Z71 Suburban since March and I drive about 1800-2400 miles/week in it for work. It has done a perfect job so far but I was getting itch to change some things so I started looking around and Corsa Exhaust really seemed like a nice system, but I know nothing about them (I'm a motorcycle guy).

Along with the sound, even 1 MPG increase will be huge for me because of the way I'm reimbursed for my mileage though my company. So I wouldn't mind a system with a nice system that sounds great with the windows down through town (Or a tunnel? :D ), but when the windows are up and I'm driving from Philly to Pittsburgh, I don't want to be clinically insane because of any droning once I get out.

The Corsa Touring systems seems nice but I don't know how much quieter it is than the Sport? Does anyone have any input that may have heard both from inside?

Or... any other recommendations for systems that I may have overlooked? I'm looking for something that will last a long time and, again, not as noticeable when sitting inside the tank.

Thanks!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have the touring system in my 08 Avalanche with the 5.3.. It sounds good on the outside but inside there is no Drown as they say.. Sounds good opened up....I like it....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I've got an '04 Suburban with the 5.3, replaced the stock exhaust with a Flowmaster series 40 and a Spectre cold air intake. Get compliments on the nice sound. Not overbearing, just right. I'll get back to you on the improvement on MPG's after I change my spark plugs tomorrow!

Thanks for the input so far guys... really appreciate it!

Yeah as I drove my 240 miles this morning I kind of paid attention and realized that interior noise will be a big deal because I spend a decent amount of time on the phone as well while I drive (hands free, of course) but I have a feeling that won't be too big of an issue. I also probably end up doing the intake as well while I'm at it. Hell, maybe I can write it off on my taxes at the end of year. ;)

I know not to expect miracles with the MPGs but with the way my mileage reimbursement is setup, even a little bit extra will help over the course of the year.

Hopefully I'll make a decision in the coming weeks when I have some free time!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Check out the site...http://www.corsaperformance.com/ They have sounds and a new Truck exhust called db that you might like...

In case anyone was interested... I thought I'd post an update.

Quality of the system seems to be top notch. I had the exhaust installed for me and the gentleman said he was impressed [which surprised me a little since I didn't exactly buy it from him :D ]

Sound is perfect. It's only subtle while sitting in the vehicle but just loud enough to be "nice" from the outside or when going through a tunnel. In fact, FIPK is far louder from the interior!

I think I've put about 75,000 miles since my original post, and not a single bad thing to say so far!

You love the Corsa Exhaust, did you also change intake? How much improvement did you get in MPG?
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

a exhaust and a intake will get you about 1 mpg, maybe 1.5 highway if you drive it real gentle like, suburbans are just beasts, only so much you can do. a tune on the other hand, that would help you some more, but that has a corresponding cost.

my tuner, exhaust and intake was just about 1k.

something to think about.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I put a JET power programmer on my 03 yukon xl, it also has a corsa system. went from 16mpg on the highway to about 19. well worth the investment

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Default Smiling, what is a tuner, sorry I dont know what that is?

What kind of mileage could I expect on a 2002 Suburban 2500 with the 6 liter engine, with and without a tuner,

Sorry I dont know really what that is. I understand intake and exhaust.. I'm looking to do a exhaust replacement
    what would you guys recommend I do, since mine is rusty.

I plan on keeping truck for 10 years.

Regards,

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    a exhaust and a intake will get you about 1 mpg, maybe 1.5 highway if you drive it real gentle like, suburbans are just beasts, only so much you can do. a tune on the other hand, that would help you some more, but that has a corresponding cost.

my tuner, exhaust and intake was just about 1k.

something to think about.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by