GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben View Post
    It's too bad you didn't have the truck long enough to see any results. That's the exact type of Oil I was looking at. I like the idea, and I believe the technology is there, and the fact that their warranty seems to be backing it pretty good (not sure how hard it would be to actually claim a destroyed engine because of using their oil for a year at a time though). Anyone else try it or better yet, live by it?
    If you use the Amsoil and the EAO oil filter you are good for at least 25,000 miles or 1 year. Just check your oil level and make sure it's full. If your vehicle is using oil then you have other mechanical issues to take care of first. If you ever had an engine failure you thought was due to the Amsoil all you have to do is report it and they will ask for a sample of the oil & the oil filter. They test it to make sure it is Amsoil (not diluted with other products or oils), and to see if the oil properties broke down or not. They can even tell you what led to the engine failure.
    I use the Amsoil & EAO filter on all my vehicles and go about 20,000 miles before changing only because if I go 25,000 miles it seems like it always needs to be changed in the winter months and I hate laying in the snow.

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab
    4.8l
    Edge Evolution Programmer
    GM Performance Cold Air Intake
    GM Performance Exhaust
    Bighorn Mud Tires
    Bed Rug Bed Liner
    Halo Spark Plugs

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by silverhobey View Post
    SILVERHOBEY----oil is cheap--------engines are not, doing a couple extra a year at your own garage yourself is less than 50 Bucks with filters-----still do the dealer maintenance, but you will have the peace of mind of the old days when 3 mth / 5000 kms was when you should chnge oil.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

-----anyone wanting any info on how to do oil changes cheap, just post----I have been doing my own oil changes for over 20 years-----this practice also keeps the neighbours on their toes and interested in what you are doing, then they realize that their vehicle probably needs maintenance ( silverhobey in Canada )
    I change oil all the time lol... My point is if you change your oil sooner than the computer says your just wasting oil. Again it reads the breakdown of the oil via driving habits. My truck usually goes about 4k before the change oil light comes on.... no im not talking about the "low oil" light, they are different.
    2003 Silverado LS 1500 Xcab 5.3 vortec 3.73 rear.
    2000 Artic White Buick Regal GS, 3.4 pulley, 3"dp, 13.81 @ 101 (sold)
    2002 Z28 Camaro, 1sc, a4, slp lid, headers, cb exhaust, 3.73

I change the oil at about 3000 miles.

Ya gotta love these religion, oops, oil, debates...

You can't find a car/truck forum on the internet where this is not debated and beaten like the poor dead horse it is all the way down to the carcass...

Whatever your religion and snake oil of choice is. Send a used sample off to a lab and have it analyzed. The truth shall set you free my brothers and sisters...

Can I get an Amen!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
    2006 Chevy Silverado, 5.3L, Z71, Extended Cab. Tow Mule.
    2002 Chevy Corvette Z06, 5.7L, Slightly Modded. Tow Payload.
    2005 Craftsman Riding Mower, 17hp, light mods.

Jr. Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by TURBO2 View Post
    If you use the Amsoil and the EAO oil filter you are good for at least 25,000 miles or 1 year. Just check your oil level and make sure it's full. If your vehicle is using oil then you have other mechanical issues to take care of first. If you ever had an engine failure you thought was due to the Amsoil all you have to do is report it and they will ask for a sample of the oil & the oil filter. They test it to make sure it is Amsoil (not diluted with other products or oils), and to see if the oil properties broke down or not. They can even tell you what led to the engine failure.
    I use the Amsoil & EAO filter on all my vehicles and go about 20,000 miles before changing only because if I go 25,000 miles it seems like it always needs to be changed in the winter months and I hate laying in the snow.
    Thanks for the info! Really leaning towards doing this as it seems to be a wise choice. Did you use the Amsoil Flush before switching your vehicles to Amsoil when you bought them?
    SEAFOAM, I PUT THAT @#!$ IN EVERYTHING!

2004 Silverado LS 5.3L Z71 Crew Cab
    260,000+ km

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ben View Post
    Thanks for the info! Really leaning towards doing this as it seems to be a wise choice. Did you use the Amsoil Flush before switching your vehicles to Amsoil when you bought them?
    I only use the flush if the vehicles already have over 30,000 miles on them.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567